Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a photo of the front bumper to the Viz Ballistix kit for the 98-00 Rav. I am getting the sides and rears from DJ Sueno, so I need to find a front. Just wanted to see what this kit looked like before I ordered my front from toysport. Has anyone seen any images of this kit anywhere?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I have seen several places selling it but no image... I think people would have better luck selling their product if they had actual images of the product... :roll:

You may want to try Bomex , or Bomex dealers, I believe they are still around, and you may still be able to find the actual BoMex front... it may be a bit more expensive and take a little while longer but might be worth the wait...

I am probably going to try to source the rears that will fit on mine as well... 8)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, Toysport lists the bomex front on their site for about 260. There is another listing it at that and I forget who it is. So I have found it. I just wanted to explore my options first.

As for the Viz, well, I can't find photos of it anywhere, or anyone who has it installed. So either it is the most hideous thing ever, or the most rare thing ever. Not sure which.

·
Registered
286 Posts
you're not selling your front bumper DJ?If you don't have luck selling your bodykit I'm going to buy on may (finales de mayo)when I start to work. I want the full kit (rear,side and front) because if I buy it piece by piece the S&H it's going to be very expensive to the island.

·
Registered
750 Posts
the Ballistix kit is a knock-off of the Bomex kit, originally manufactured by ViS Racing. There are quite a few places you can get the Ballistix kit now, for like 215 per part, I believe. I believe it is a legal knockoff though I haven't heard any testimate to the fitting or quality of it. Keep us posted if you hear anything about it, as I'm looking into it myself, though wouldn't install it for a while

·
Registered
90 Posts
I remember I got my full bodykit a while back. I ordered 7 pieces from Bomex Japan and waited for 3 months for it to arrive! THEN I had t wait about a week or so to have it custom painted. But after all that, my ride still turn heads... :D

Check my album.

Laters

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
tinmanchris217 said:
the Ballistix kit is a knock-off of the Bomex kit, originally manufactured by ViS Racing. There are quite a few places you can get the Ballistix kit now, for like 215 per part, I believe. I believe it is a legal knockoff though I haven't heard any testimate to the fitting or quality of it. Keep us posted if you hear anything about it, as I'm looking into it myself, though wouldn't install it for a while
the ballistix kit is the kit from VIS. the ballistix kit is a licenced copy of the Bomex RAV4 kit that VIS produces here in the U.S. The upside to this is that the VIS kit is cheap and easy to get, ocmapred to the Bomex kit which is hard to find and probably has to be shipped from japan. The downside is taht even being a licenced copy, it still has to be fitted for it to sit right, unlike the bomex which from what ive heard is a perfect fit.

Ballistix= VIS U.S.A. (http://www.visracing.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=RAV4&osCsid=739ce41f5b104391060304344ab6d811&x=0&y=0)
Bomex= Bomex Aero of Japan (http://www.bomexaero.com/bomexaero/mtoyota/mltoyota_rav4.htm)

But yeah, they are basically the same kit. so if you find pictures of one, you see the other. Oh, and VIS only makes a copy of the pre-98 Bomex front bumper, which will fit on the 98-00's, but it uses the previous models front turn signals:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, I was wondering what the difference was between 98-00 and 96-00, thanks for the clarification.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are there any bumpers/kits I could buy to replace the bumpers on my car...I'm getting sick of the plastic bottom half. The roads in my area are full of potholes in the summer and covered with snow and ice in the winter...Something nice, but not too low...any ideas anyone?

Maybe the white Rav in my post here:

http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4203

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well pretty much no one made aftermarket kits for the RAV4, so its going to be hard to find them.

Toyota made two kits for that model rav4 for, one was an agressive look (the one in your other post) and one was more sleek looking one (which almost no one bought, so im betting someone has a bunch of them sitting somehwere.)

Bomex made 2 different full aero packages for the RAV4, one had the street look to it, and the other was made for mild off-road use. both of which are hard to find, and must be sourced from japan.

VIS makes one kit for the RAV4, which is a copy of the Bomex kit. easy to find, durable, looks good. and its pretty cheap, too.

And the last and HARDEST to find kit was a super rare kit made by TOM's of Japan. TOM's made the kit right as the RAV4 was losing popularity, so it really didnt get much attention. its not a full front bumper, instead it adds on to the bottom of it. and it also has side skirts and a rear bumper( a FULL rear bumper). its an awesome kit, and the best in my opinion, but its sooo hard to find one. its almsot as hard just finding pictures of it...

but yeah, thats really all the options you have. good luck iwth the hunt tho :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Drifter said:
Toyota made two kits for that model RAV4 for, one was an agressive look (the one in your other post) and one was more sleek looking one (which almost no one bought, so im betting someone has a bunch of them sitting somehwere.)
I'm guessing the agressive one is the white one...Could anyone PLEASE give me ANY information or a 1-800 number to call or SOMETHING! I want this kit sooo bad! Also, could anyone give me an approximate price range for this kit?

ANYTHING that anyone could do would be a huge help! Thanks so much. :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Learn Japanese

I guess that's the best answer.
http://www.bomex.jp/toyota/rav4/index.html#

Check this out. This is the bomex Japan website. As you can tell, they've put alot more time and money on their website as opposed to the website here in North America.

98-00 front bumper - 95-97 front bumper

What's the difference? Well just the cosmetic stuff... like the corners. The 98-00 IMO looks nicer. The front bumper for the 98-00 costs 44,100YEN or roughly 450USD. Roughly that is... just my guess.

http://www.bomex.jp/inquiry/index.html
Here's the inquiry page.
1 - name
2 - name (don't ask... if your name can't be written in Japanese characters, this won't concern you)
3 - email address
4 - enter email address again for verification
5 - N/A to us here(japanese postal address)
6 - address
7 - phone#
6&7 - this may filter out non-japanese addys. Maybe you can just search for some random addy on the net and fill-er-out.

first box - enter part #s you're inquiring about.

second box - your inquiry.

There. Now you can hope to communicate with one of their reps... but most likely case - they aren't interested in business outside of their country. Hope this can help someone! Good luck.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you guys are really interested in the bomex kit and its variations, please feel free to pm me. I am personal friends w/ the owner of bomex btw...lol u all forgot about me haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts