Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a Rav4 xt5 2008 model.

When talking mostly on phone the receiver has always complained can barely hear me. This is confirmed with recorded sent messages. I always put it down to a bluetooth issue and maybe a bit of user error!
However I have recently decided to use the voice facility and it is obvious that my recorded messages eg who to ring is barely audible. I have also checked with another same model user and he has no such problem and so almost the internal microphone is down. As such I wish to replace and would like advice on best way of taken out the consul in the roof which also includes the internal lights so must be possible in order to replace?
Thank you
dlorna

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I don't know if this will apply to your version of RAV4, but it worked for mine.

LINK

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Thanks for that will give it a go and let you know (Pity local Toyota Dealer didn't know same??)

dlonra

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Thanks for that will give it a go and let you know (Pity local Toyota Dealer didn't know same??)

dlonra

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Tried but no success. I note it says refer to Toyota repair manual with for vehicles equipped with navigation system also the tune knob is not a push type?

Thanks anyway and hopefully someone else out there can help

regards

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I don't know if this will apply to your version of RAV4,
I note it says refer to Toyota repair manual with for vehicles equipped with navigation system also the tune knob is not a push type?
Sorry it didn't work out. As I said in my first post, I wasn't sure that this would work for the UK version of the RAV4. As far as I know, the 2008 models in North America did not have a navigation system.

I found another method for use in vehicles equipped with the Nav system. This LINK was written for a Camry Hybrid, but my research shows that this procedure works for many of the Toyota models with navigation.

The procedure starts off by saying press the "start" button, but it should still work in vehicles which use a standard key as well. I linked to this article rather than one of the others because it had the best pictures showing the contents of the different screens. There may be minor screen differences from model year to year, but this should get you started.

NOTE: the light switch they are referring to is the headlight switch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Thanks again have tried but still no success. I have a smart key entry. I take it the light switch is the full beam/dipped arm?

regards

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi

Success! It is the headlight on/off switch which needs to be used rather than flicking the arm. Have increased to 3 and much better. Many thanks again.
PS what part of Ontario are you I have several cousins in area

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm glad you managed to resolve the problem. I performed the original procedure I linked to, on my own 2008 RAV with good results.

It seems that the UK version of the RAVs were a few years ahead of the North American versions. We didn't have the smart keys or navigation until a few years later.

I live in Barrie which is about 45 minutes due north of Toronto.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

My son and I visited Canada in 1994 which mostly included visiting relations in the Toronto area but we did stay with our Aunt and Uncle, both sadly no longer with us, at a residential static home park at Barrie! Small World.

Colin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi

Cannot really help but suffice to say worked for me and as long as you make a note of settings before you start no harm in trying?

regards

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
None of the instructions listed are for a 2018 RAV. Will the microphone loudness hints work the same for a newer model US RAV?
First of all, you're posting in the 3rd gen forum(2006-12), you have a 4th gen(2013-2018), you also haven't completed your profile, so we have no idea where in the world you are which can make a big difference as far as type of head unit. On Entune head units in the US, phone call volume is adjusted on the outgoing call screen when you are on a bluetooth connected call, this is thoroughly explained in the owner's manual, it even has pics of the call screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts