Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,897 Posts
Hmmmm... I wonder if a early v6 from a wrecked 2006 or something would fit in this 2013 a couple of years from now? :cool:
Physical fit would be the least of the issues. Wiring and computers would be a total nightmare. :egad:

·
Super Moderator
11,016 Posts
If you want a smallish luxury suv with a turbo why not an acura. They have it far more dialed. If you want small and fun to drive get a subaru wrx. The tiguan gets high marks but damn it is expensive.
Acura dropped the turbo four banger due to dismal sales, 2012 being the least year. Also premium fuel is required. It now has the 3.5l V-6.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,614 Posts
Acura dropped the turbo four banger due to dismal sales, 2012 being the least year. Also premium fuel is required. It now has the 3.5l V-6.
Sounds like the Toyota engineer responsible for putting the V6 in the RAV4 got a better job offer from Honda/Acura!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Before buying current Rav I checked the Tiguan. It has nicer interior materials ,better driving characteristics and higher equipment level but... if you're looking for maximum carrying/towing capacity ,fuel efficiency, care for back passenger comfort ,reliability ( don't care for VW technician's family tree) and lower fuel cost then Rav4 is your vehicle .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Real world information:
I have a 2009 RAV4 V6 Limited. I bought it brand new. It now has 35,000 miles on it. I have not had one problem with this vehicle. It just keeps giving me trouble free miles. I have kept track of every drop of gas (using fuely.com) and my overall mileage is 21.2 MPG for city and country.

My daughter has a 2010 Tiguan. She likes this vehicle also. Only drawback is the need for premium gas.

You can't go wrong with either one. I would recommend the RAV4. You'll like it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I should add that my 2009 RAV4 performs very well in snow. Our snow clogged streets in MN present no barrier for the RAV4. If you need a winter vehicle, this is it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi,
This is my first post to this forum.
I am thinking about buy my first Toyota. Volkswagen tiguan or toyota rav4?
What would u chose? would u chose the tiguan just because it is a vw?

Very appreciated your opinion

Thanks

I like volkwagan too. My daughter is marreid to a top mechanic and they got a new volkswagon so i wouldnt worry and would buy one..built so very well. I have always bought totota so just easy to stick with them and dealership is just down the road from me. Thanks good luck..drive them both and then you will know. Listen to your heart that is what i do..little tiny difference is not a concern to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,897 Posts
Wow, this one's from 2012 and the OP shows up with 0 posts so robin623 may have flown the coop!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Most of the VWs here are diesels which have deliberately escaped having the CA - type mod done as we are in a low emissions problem area. One acquaintance has three of these. Two yeas ago a neighbor bought a new gasoline VW which had a parasitic electrical drain problem which neither the VW dealer nor an independent shop could resolve so he traded it in for a Fiat - Chrysler product.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts