Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would the VSC/TRAC and Check Engine lights be on?

We took it to O' Reilly Auto Parts, and they said it may have a leak somewhere around the lines that go to the gas tank. It had something to do with the evaporation system, I believe. They didn't know why the VSC/TRAC light was on.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It said "Oops... Network error, refresh to retry. I don't seem to have a problem with my Wi-Fi network at this time.

- Jesse Williams

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
The link works fine for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Happened to my 4runner and my lexus. It was the O2 sensor. I know, stupid right?
But I pulled the codes and googled them and that's what I came up with.
I swapped the sensor and the lights were gone...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Happened on mine I disconnected the battery hasn't come back on in 2 months. If you do this your car will idle like crap and shift funny until it relearns the settings. I do this on all my vehicles sometimes computers make mistakes.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Why would the VSC/TRAC and Check Engine lights be on?

We took it to O' Reilly Auto Parts, and they said it may have a leak somewhere around the lines that go to the gas tank. It had something to do with the evaporation system, I believe. They didn't know why the VSC/TRAC light was on.
4.2 (as well as other models) a CEL will command a VSC/TRAC as well.
Similarly, an ABS fault will also trigger VSC/TRAC

Fix the issue causing the CEL and the rest should clear.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bad cat will also trigger the VSC/TRAC (P0420, P0430) . Happened to mine, hooked up the OBDII and showed cat was going bad. Reset and was good for about a year, then started to come back. I got tired of resetting the codes and replaced the cat, been good since then.

Reactions: tarjeta
1 - 10 of 10 Posts