Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vsc trac light and check engine light has come on. How do you turn these off. I had it scanned and it said I have a vapor leak. Put on a new gas cap but the lights are still on. It also said something about speed sensor. How do I fix this.

·
Registered
731 Posts
There are numerous posts here on this topic. The VSC and TRAC lights will go out when the MIL is cleared.

What is the exact P code? Are the codes being read in generic mode or Toyota specific mode?

Did you buy an aftermarket fuel cap or a cap from the dealer? If you bought an aftermarket cap, you just put on a bad part.

The MIL probably will not go off by itself, so you will need to have the code cleared.

I am a firm believer in testing before replacing. Anyone can shotgun and eventually repair the problem, but at a considerable expense.

Your RAV has a built in EVAP self test that can be run to determine which part of the system is causing the MIL to illuminate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CEL & VSC TRAC lights

Amazed at the amount of people having this problem and no manufacturer fixes! These lights seem to come on after three hours of highway driving. They can be reset or at times, go off by themselves. Less driving time and the lights stay off...then back on after three hours of highway. Tried a new gas cap and cleaning the MAF sensor to no avail. Parts store once pulled a code of P0420. Any ideas out there? Seems like even many mechanics are guessing when it comes to this system. Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
VSC and MIL here too. P0420. I have a new Denso sensor somewhere. Keeping fingers crossed it's not the catalytic converter. I fear the car is telling us it wants to go to sleep. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts