Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me , how can I to turn off VSC system , or atleast to make a button(switch) for turning it on and off . Im sure that somebody already did this and that there is a chance of doing this.In service they told me that it is not doable but im sure that some off road entusiast made that!!

Thx in forward

·
Registered
771 Posts
Bummer! I think your computer is the mastermind of this type of system. Maybe swaping out cjomputers but I don't think I would mess with it. What occurs when off road that you don't like?

M.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it may be turned off on a RAV. I have only noticed it kicking in once on me though, and that was when I was doing something silly going down a gravel road and tried to do a Swedish flick around a hairpin turn. Felt the VCS and the ABS kick in, as well as the rear LSD do it's thing. That said it did not kick in until much later than I would have expected. So unless you are driving on loose sand all the time there is not rally any point in turning it off on a RAV. 166 Hp won't really do much to spin the tires with the AWD and weight of the RAV, as well as the large tires. Would just cut out a good safety measure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gestRAVt said:
Disabling the VSC is possible - see http://rav4faq.kerkerinck.de/db76.html#ch444

Greetings,
St.
Hi guys !!
This is "new kid on the block" and I am looking for some way to disable VSC and TRC, off on my RAV4 2004 model.
The site above, mention (I thing), how to replays a specific sensor in case of a specific problem.
Unless if you mean to find the wire of the sensor, cut it, and insert an "on-off" switch.

Thanks in advance
staref

1 - 6 of 6 Posts