Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or was on

The other day I was driving our '04 Rav and the VST, TRAC, and check engine light came on. It was strange that all of them came on at the same time. I told my wife to take it in and have it checked. She brought it in and on the way there the lights turned off. When she got there they told her she shouldn't have filled the tank while it was running and sent her on her way. Well I'm the one that filled it up the day before and it wasn't running, and why would the other lights come on?
Anyone have this happen? The only thing I did recently was put air in the tires???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I had emissions trouble with my RAV those lights came on all at once too and I was told that's how they work when there is trouble with the emissions system. After replacing the air flow sensor, charcoal canister and resetting the computer things seem OK.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that's interesting. Mine did the exact same thing last weekend. It skidded on some gravel, then the VSC, TRAC, and ENGING light came on.

Apparently the TRAC comes on when the VSC comes on to let you know the TRAC is turned off due to a VSC problem. I couldn't figure out though why the ENGINE light came on. I thought it was a glitch or something really bad was wrong.

I pulled the negative battery cable to reset the lights and they haven't come back on since. Assumed it was a glitch. My experience with resetting problem lights is if there's a problem and you DON'T fix it, it will come back on, usually quickly.

Glad I didn't take it in to the dealer and get ripped for something or waste my time.

jerij

1 - 3 of 3 Posts