Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I want to add a rear bumper to my '96 2 dr (4wd) & trying to decide between the stock one from Brandsport (about $170 shipped) & a Waag rear bumper guard...The Waag web site says it might interfere with the backup sensor...Anyone have some experience with this? Thanks in advance!

G

·
I think the stock would look better...combine that with the matching sides and it would look nice.

G

·
Not to be a pain but...I like the Waag bumper between the two. :)

Also check out the RAV4OZ Shop @ www.rav4oz.com ! They have many great options for back bumpers....it's worth a look! 8)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you want a rear bumper just to tow?

If yes, I suggest you a thru hitch who will look a lot better than both bumpers you find.

In my mind, the floor of RAV4 is too low to install a bumper.
And it will protect nothing at all because all other car's bumper will pass over it.

I have a Hidden Hitch installed on my RAV4 and it look great because it is almost not apparent, except for the rectangular tube.

http://store.yahoo.com/hitches4less/19clasirechi8.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have that Wag on my '97 and I love it. It looks great and is easy to put the class 3 insert in and out. And, it makes a great step to get up to the Yakima box on the roof. I did have a problem with it tho when I first got it. They built it with the wrong size box tubing and it wouldn't accept the hitch insert. I ended up sending it back twice! Finally I had to ship them the U-haul insert I use to prove that they used the wrong size box steel and they shipped me a new one that fits all hitch inserts. What a pain! At least they covered the shipping. I'm guessing (hoping) they fired the welder that used the wrong size tubing twice!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.