Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I want to add a rear bumper to my '96 2 dr (4wd) & trying to decide between the stock one from Brandsport (about $170 shipped) & a Waag rear bumper guard...The Waag web site says it might interfere with the backup sensor...Anyone have some experience with this? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi apache, welcome to the forums. :D As far as I know, I don't believe that '96 RAVs came with backup sensors; so it should be all good.

Do you have any pictures of what those 2 bumper guards look like? I could have used one a few weeks ago. :cry:

T

·
0 Posts
I think the stock would look better...combine that with the matching sides and it would look nice.

J

·
0 Posts
Not to be a pain but...I like the Waag bumper between the two. :)

Also check out the RAV4OZ Shop @ www.rav4oz.com ! They have many great options for back bumpers....it's worth a look! 8)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
apache said:
btw, thanks for the help in finding the '98 cupholder...The dealer on Oahu is the only place on the planet that still stocks them..

Mahalo!
Wow!! did you just get one ?? I want one.... how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you want a rear bumper just to tow?

If yes, I suggest you a thru hitch who will look a lot better than both bumpers you find.

In my mind, the floor of RAV4 is too low to install a bumper.
And it will protect nothing at all because all other car's bumper will pass over it.

I have a Hidden Hitch installed on my RAV4 and it look great because it is almost not apparent, except for the rectangular tube.

http://store.yahoo.com/hitches4less/19clasirechi8.html

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have that Wag on my '97 and I love it. It looks great and is easy to put the class 3 insert in and out. And, it makes a great step to get up to the Yakima box on the roof. I did have a problem with it tho when I first got it. They built it with the wrong size box tubing and it wouldn't accept the hitch insert. I ended up sending it back twice! Finally I had to ship them the U-haul insert I use to prove that they used the wrong size box steel and they shipped me a new one that fits all hitch inserts. What a pain! At least they covered the shipping. I'm guessing (hoping) they fired the welder that used the wrong size tubing twice!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts