Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two dealers are offering to order a car for me in the color choice I want. One says 3-4 wks, the other says 60-90 days.

Which one is more realistic?

The one that mentioned 3-4 wks, says that he'll watch inventory coming in, and once the car is a match, he'll call me in to do paperwork which would reserve the car for me. The good thing that he's not asking for a deposit. Since I have a few colors that I'd take, he says 3-4 wks.

What your experiences have been like with the wait?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Dealer who told you 60-90 days sounds like he will order from factory.
One who told you 3-4 weeks is problably planning on doing a search and swap, or intercepting one due to arrive in port. That's how I got mine - dealer did a search and did a swap for one that had all my options, trim level and color. They said 2 - 3 weeks, arrived exactly 3 weeks later. :D

OC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's how it sounded - the dealer said he'll watch what's coming in and then lock it in for me. Hopefully, I can get it soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer who I got my RAV4 from said you could not special order from Japan. You can give specs you want and the dealer can see what's coming in on the shipments from Japan.

That's how I got my V6 Sport. The dealer checked incoming for the month of March and reserved me the one I wanted. No deposit either. "Reserved" mine on March 6, with an estimated deliver of March 25. Actually came in off the boat on March 24 and I picked it up March 25.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, now another dealer is telling me that Toyota will not be shipping Base model, with 4WD and V6, to Northern California any more. He wants $450 more than the dealer from who I “ordered.” (The purchase price from this new dealer would come out to $1,000 under invoice).

Do you think that’s valid or bogus?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts