Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I put a deposit down for XSE on April 1 and then changed my mind and updated it to XSE Tech Package on Apr 4th

Been checking with my dealership ever since and all I hear is that it's been ordered and they'll update me "soon"

How long have you had to wait for your Hybrid? I'm getting a bit pissed off now after 3 weeks of basically no updates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you asked them if they can provide the temporary vin? That would give you the vehicle info and the production week.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Guys,

I put a deposit down for XSE on April 1 and then changed my mind and updated it to XSE Tech Package on Apr 4th

Been checking with my dealership ever since and all I hear is that it's been ordered and they'll update me "soon"

How long have you had to wait for your Hybrid? I'm getting a bit pissed off now after 3 weeks of basically no updates.
Based on feedback I've seen on other forums, deliveries of the XSE model has been delayed. I've seen estimates of up to 2-3 months.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure how it works with Canadian dealers, I'm guessing its similar to the way it is here in the US. Toyota gives dealers allotments based on specific criteria. You won't get a VIN until the dealer has an allotment for your vehicle and the order is accepted by the factory.

Because I placed my order with a relatively high volume dealer, my order was placed with the factory in about two weeks. Allotments vary by country, region, dealer etc.

The dealer allotment for my factory order was placed on March 23, the scheduled build date is May 3.

Your dealer should be able to provide an estimated date for their allotment on your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll ask for it, where can we track it? I'm a n00b here
https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification

Also, a temporary Vin will have a letter in the last six digits. A Permanent Vin will be all numbers.

The temporary vin is assigned before the car is produced. the two numbers before the letter in the last six digits will give you the build week. For example, my Rav is being built now and the two numbers before the letter are 17G which stands for the 17th week of the year. Found this info on an older Tacoma forum but appears to still be accurate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

Try waiting since Feb 9th and still nothing!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try waiting since Feb 9th and still nothing!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Placed an Order when they started to show up at dealerships, after a couple of weeks I found that the expected arrival date kept stretching and I didn't get offered any of the close matches that the dealership did get in. Canceled order and started watching what inventory arrived at other dealers, Found an acceptable choice in 4 days ..... Hybrid limited tech pkg, weather pkg, entune premium and adaptive headlights for 1K over what my order added up to as just a limited hybrid

·
Registered
37 Posts
Placed an order feb28 for a limited the dealer, they received 2 of 4 last Thursday. One was mine. He told me the other 2 were XSE models and they are expected in next months order.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talked to them yesterday

They will be getting their quota of orders placed with the regional sales office today I guess

That will put them in June (best case) or July (realistically) factory builds

Expected Delivery Mid August-ish

·
Registered
718 Posts
Talked to them yesterday

They will be getting their quota of orders placed with the regional sales office today I guess

That will put them in June (best case) or July (realistically) factory builds

Expected Delivery Mid August-ish
Ouch... I hope the delivery of the Limited trim won't be as constrained as the XSE!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ouch... I hope the delivery of the Limited trim won't be as constrained as the XSE!
They have a Limited available at another dealership an hour's drive from here...I'm tempted to just go for that

But Sports suspension, 2 tone color and a small chance of getting better incentives or finance rate by August comes in the way

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually have an interesting issue.

Through yesterday I had a temporary Vin on my order 2T3MWRFV8KW17G370 which I could track at the Toyota Vehicle Specification website. https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification

I was given the actual VIN by my dealer this morning 2T3MWRFV7KW007209 and it's not showing up. I understand it was built yesterday/today.

Does it sometimes take a day or two to switch over in the system? This morning neither the temporary VIN or the actual VIN work.

1 - 20 of 649 Posts