Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered my White XSE on March 16th.

Dealer just called and said that most likely will arrive in August. He mentioned that most of the RAV's made here are being shipped to the USA first. Also mentioned that i can get my deposit back if i don't want to wait.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ordered my White XSE on March 16th.

Dealer just called and said that most likely will arrive in August. He mentioned that most of the RAV's made here are being shipped to the USA first. Also mentioned that i can get my deposit back if i don't want to wait.
Yeah the XSEs are hard to get at this time. I'm in Regina, Saskatchewan and apparently the RAVs are coming from USA here, go figure

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered XSE mid Feb. Was told delivery mid March. Now was told 7-9 months for delivery. Checked multiple dealerships all over ontario and can't find any XSE inventory. Don't know what's going on with the XSE and might just cancle my order.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The US-manufactured Rav4 HV are supposed to be built at their Kentucky plant (not sure if at any other US-based plants as well?). The small number of rav4 hybrids that have made it to dealers in Southern California where I live appear to have been built in either Japan or Canada. So not sure if this is indicative of slow or delayed startup in Kentucky or other reason...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ordered XSE mid Feb. Was told delivery mid March. Now was told 7-9 months for delivery. Checked multiple dealerships all over ontario and can't find any XSE inventory. Don't know what's going on with the XSE and might just cancle my order.
7-9 months?!?! Won't the 2020's be available then? Why pay top dollar for an old model? Doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
135 Posts
XSE inventory levels

While XSE inventory levels seem to be very low in North America, it is very early in the production of the HV. But to tell a customer they now only have visibility out 7-9 months on this trim seems a little fishy...I would recommend working with another dealer and/or sales person. That or wait a month or more to see if inventory levels (and associated factory production) start to meet demand. In the county I live in (Orange, CA), the three largest Toyota dealers only have 5 hybrid rav4’s in stock among them, and this is an area that traditionally buys lots of hybrid vehicles...not to mention gas is now over $4/gallon herel.

·
Registered
135 Posts
XSE inventory levels

While XSE inventory levels seem to be very low in North America, it is very early in the production of the HV. But to tell a customer they now only have visibility out 7-9 months on this trim seems a little fishy...I would recommend working with another dealer and/or sales person. That or wait a month or more to see if inventory levels (and associated factory production) start to meet demand. In the county I live in (Orange, CA), the three largest Toyota dealers only have 5 hybrid rav4’s in stock among them, and this is an area that traditionally buys lots of hybrid vehicles...not to mention gas is now over $4/gallon here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered my white XLE hybrid on March 25, picked it up on April 16 (was delivered to the dealer on the 12th), basically same time the local dealers were getting their first deliveries.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered my white XLE hybrid on March 25, picked it up on April 16 (was delivered to the dealer on the 12th), basically same time the local dealers were getting their first deliveries.
That was quick!
Ordered XSE + Tech package on April 5th. Still waiting......:frown:frown:frown

·
Registered
52 Posts
We just completed our preorder for a blueprint hybrid limited with ivory interior and we told the ETA is around the middle of June.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That was quick!
Ordered XSE + Tech package on April 5th. Still waiting......:frown:frown:frown
I ordered XSE on Apr 13 , they first said 2 months, right now there isn't a date yet. Dealer tried to move me to another vehicle however I prefer to wait.
They say Toyota is having a hard time in the factory figuring out the two colors :surprise

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered XSE on Apr 13 , they first said 2 months, right now there isn't a date yet. Dealer tried to move me to another vehicle however I prefer to wait.
They say Toyota is having a hard time in the factory figuring out the two colors :surprise
I ordered mine on April 1st (Toronto, Canada) and the Salesperson told me the same thing yesterday!! He tried to shift me to another model as well ... I'm beginning to hope that its just the colour that's the issue .....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope Toyota know what they are doing on the 2019 new RAV.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I haven't bought a new car in a decade so I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, but is demand for the hybrid actually that great, or is Toyota just inadequately prepared for the launch of the 2019 hybrids?

·
Registered
135 Posts
High demand for hybrid or inadequate preparation

I haven't bought a new car in a decade so I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, but is demand for the hybrid actually that great, or is Toyota just inadequately prepared for the launch of the 2019 hybrids?
It’s hard to know for sure but it’s possible there is both high demand (due to better gas mileage plus a perception that the hybrid is a superior vehicle) plus slow production/rollout of the rav4 hybrid, at least in North America. For example, it’s unclear that ANY 2019 rav4 hybrids have been built in Kentucky (the main US plant to build rav4 hybrids) and delivered to any dealer (Please prove me wrong on this, any purchaser of the new hybrid, with vin beginning with 1,4, or 5). There was some anecdotal reports that the last time Toyota had a major remodel of the rav4 hybrid (2015 or 2016?), the rollout was very slow and only subsided once the next model year started (hello 2020?). Just my thoughts on this subject...I welcome other opinions, from people with better insight than I have.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think it's a mix of both...but largely it's Toyota not being prepared one way or the other

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
It’s hard to know for sure but it’s possible there is both high demand (due to better gas mileage plus a perception that the hybrid is a superior vehicle) plus slow production/rollout of the rav4 hybrid, at least in North America. For example, it’s unclear that ANY 2019 rav4 hybrids have been built in Kentucky (the main US plant to build rav4 hybrids) and delivered to any dealer (Please prove me wrong on this, any purchaser of the new hybrid, with vin beginning with 1,4, or 5). There was some anecdotal reports that the last time Toyota had a major remodel of the rav4 hybrid (2015 or 2016?), the rollout was very slow and only subsided once the next model year started (hello 2020?). Just my thoughts on this subject...I welcome other opinions, from people with better insight than I have.
I was told the RAV4 is being built in US not sure which plant though.

Apparently the situation was similar when Highlander facelift was done last time.

In that case they should've been prepared better one would guess...

21 - 40 of 468 Posts
About this Discussion
467 Replies
98 Participants
Krazykiwi
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing