Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 469 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered limited hybrid in Lower Mainland in May. Told it will be available Oct.25- Nov.4. What's your secret?!!
No secret !

Richmond Automall had worst deals on HV and longest waits. Chilliwack Toyota quoted 10 weeks and MSRP pricing

New West dealer accepted my offer below MSRP and indicated the wait would be 4-10 weeks.
He Called me last Friday that car was in transit “days away “

In fact , he called me maybe a week after I left a deposit that they had another Limited HV with grey upholstery coming up for grabs.

I paid cash for the car , could that make a difference?
Colour scheme?

I’ve ordered grey ext on blk seats.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When I ordered my XSE I figured I'd be driving it thru the summer. Now, if it comes in October as promised the first thing I'll be thinking about is a set of winter tires. Here in Canada, what package(s) does Toyota offer? Cost?

·
Registered
609 Posts
When I ordered my XSE I figured I'd be driving it thru the summer. Now, if it comes in October as promised the first thing I'll be thinking about is a set of winter tires. Here in Canada, what package(s) does Toyota offer? Cost?
I'm waiting for pricing from my dealership on a winter tire+wheel package. They said they are waiting for the OEM alloy wheels to arrive which is expecting to be fairly soon.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Red Hybrid Limited. 4 months now waiting with no ETA.
Did you pay a deposit down? I'd seriously consider taking it back now and either going to another dealership or just wait for the 2020 model. I ordered on April 17 so not that far off from you and I got the vehicle 3 weeks later. I ordered the hybrid limited in Magnetic Grey. My dealer is DVNT in Thornhill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No secret !

Richmond Automall had worst deals on HV and longest waits. Chilliwack Toyota quoted 10 weeks and MSRP pricing

New West dealer accepted my offer below MSRP and indicated the wait would be 4-10 weeks.

In fact , he called me maybe a week after I left a deposit that they had another Limited HV with grey upholstery coming up for grabs.

Colour scheme?

I ordered a Blizzard Pearl hybrid LTD. with grey seats, $47,800 OTD from Port Moody. Paying cash. Just waiting it out. Oct/ Nov. 5-6 mths.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you pay a deposit down? I'd seriously consider taking it back now and either going to another dealership or just wait for the 2020 model. I ordered on April 17 so not that far off from you and I got the vehicle 3 weeks later. I ordered the hybrid limited in Magnetic Grey. My dealer is DVNT in Thornhill.
So when does production shift to the 2020 model year? Ordered a XSE Tech Blueprint (with deposit) almost 6 months ago. Still no delivery date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered Hybrid Limited in Lower Mainland Toyota dealer on Aug 9.
4 weeks later , got the call the car will be delivered next week.

So, looks like 5 weeks wait.
Guess I got lucky. Went to my dealer in Woodbridge ON Sept. 2 Placed an order for Blizzard Pearl / Ivory interior Limited Hybrid.
Dealer called a week later & said it would be delivered between Aug. 30 & Sept. 9. I picked it up Sept. 5. Around the time I placed my order they actually had 4 Bizzard Pearl / Black interior Limiteds that had been sitting on the lot for several weeks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So when does production shift to the 2020 model year? Ordered a XSE Tech Blueprint (with deposit) almost 6 months ago. Still no delivery date.
I started looking at dealer inventories a couple of months ago. Seems some are not too interested in Hybrids.
DVNT was one of them.
Same with Maple. Woodbridge seems to move a lot. That's where I got my Limited Hybrid Bizzard Pearl / Ivory.
They had a couple of XSE's come in at the same time (no tech. package)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got my XSE! After a 7 month wait I had to settle for a different colour even though dealer had the colour I wanted in the parking lot.

Dealer even reprinted a new sales agreement asking for more money saying that the discount provided was too high and wasn't allowed anymore. I had to speak to a manager who honored the initial agreement after a lengthy discussion. Dealer was upset and said you win I lose. He didn't want to give me a pdi and I had to get another sales person to show me how things work.

The car is amazing but my dealership experience was unexpectedly horrible. The low supply is incentivising dealers to sell closer to MSRP at the expense of customer experience. Looking forward to when cars are sold directly to the consumer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Finally got my XSE! After a 7 month wait I had to settle for a different colour even though dealer had the colour I wanted in the parking lot.

Dealer even reprinted a new sales agreement asking for more money saying that the discount provided was too high and wasn't allowed anymore. I had to speak to a manager who honored the initial agreement after a lengthy discussion. Dealer was upset and said you win I lose. He didn't want to give me a pdi and I had to get another sales person to show me how things work.

The car is amazing but my dealership experience was unexpectedly horrible. The low supply is incentivising dealers to sell closer to MSRP at the expense of customer experience. Looking forward to when cars are sold directly to the consumer.
That's great to hear, congrats! Which colour did you go with?

Mind if I ask which dealer you get your XSE from? I too am still waiting on blizzard pearl since mid April. My dealer tried talking me into other colours but I an trying to stay strong and wait it out for the white.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's great to hear, congrats! Which colour did you go with?

Mind if I ask which dealer you get your XSE from? I too am still waiting on blizzard pearl since mid April. My dealer tried talking me into other colours but I an trying to stay strong and wait it out for the white.
Don't want to give specifics but the dealer was a larger one in the GTA. Went with the metallic grey. Doesn't pop as much as the blizzard pearl but I couldn't wait any longer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't want to give specifics but the dealer was a larger one in the GTA. Went with the metallic grey. Doesn't pop as much as the blizzard pearl but I couldn't wait any longer.
But you said there was a blizzard pearl XSE in the lot right?

Also did you trade in your old vehicle? My dealer mentioned that if it passes the 6 month mark they might need to re-appraise my trade in, which I find to be really unfair.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes there was.
But you said there was a blizzard pearl XSE in the lot right?

Also did you trade in your old vehicle? My dealer mentioned that if it passes the 6 month mark they might need to re-appraise my trade in, which I find to be really unfair.
There was the car I wanted in the lot but they said it was for someone else. I guess someone who had a smaller discount than I had or longer waiting time would get priority.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No secret !

Colour scheme?

Funny... Richmond told me they were such a high volume dealer they could get it in sooner than anyone else. Really tried to pressure a deal.
Ended up ordering an XLE Hybrid from JP in North Van. July 7 order. Expected mid October. Originally was supposed to have it Mid Sept.
New West originally wouldn't even take an order, but then they emailed me saying they had an XLE coming in this month if I wanted it. I didn't take them up on it though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Guess I got lucky. Went to my dealer in Woodbridge ON Sept. 2 Placed an order for Blizzard Pearl / Ivory interior Limited Hybrid.
Dealer called a week later & said it would be delivered between Aug. 30 & Sept. 9. I picked it up Sept. 5. Around the time I placed my order they actually had 4 Bizzard Pearl / Black interior Limiteds that had been sitting on the lot for several weeks!
..the problem still appears to be with the XSE model, I ordered March 24, and 3 weeks ago with still no production date in site, I switched to the Limited and I will pick it up tomorrow...it actually came in last week but I was away...I still have reservations about not holding off for the XSE but..gotta move forward

·
Registered
107 Posts
..the problem still appears to be with the XSE model, I ordered March 24, and 3 weeks ago with still no production date in site, I switched to the Limited and I will pick it up tomorrow...it actually came in last week but I was away...I still have reservations about not holding off for the XSE but..gotta move forward
How do you check the status of a build?

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you check the status of a build?
you can't really, just a matter of hounding the dealer for status to get some info like a vin or eta, but when he says..nothing yet, then I trust that he has no info therefore its not even a thought yet in regards to Toyota...once you get confirmation the wait time is 3- 8 weeks normally, but only once your dealer gets the word from Toyota that its slotted for production as an order request...as far as I can determine it seems to work that way since Toyota implemented a new ordering system to the dealers they are kind of blind

·
Registered
1 Posts
read through all the pages on this thread and its unbelievable on the wait time.
I put down a deposit for a grey metallic hybrid limited in early Aug and was told there were some cars coming in to the dealership in about 2 months with the right color combo i wanted. I just hope its true.
I'm from the lower mainland

441 - 460 of 469 Posts
About this Discussion
468 Replies
98 Participants
Teej48
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing