Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
2019 rav4 hybrid to be built in Georgetown, Ky

I was told the RAV4 is being built in US not sure which plant though.

Apparently the situation was similar when Highlander facelift was done last time.

In that case they should've been prepared better one would guess...
It was announced in March that the Toyota Georgetown, Kentucky plant will begin production of the rav4 hybrid in 2020. So apparently Toyota is relying on Japan and Canada to build the rav4 hybrids for the North American market in 2019.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just got an update from my dealership that the hybrid limited in metallic grey I ordered on April 17 is scheduled to be made this week on May 2 at the Cambridge ON plant. Then I’m told it will take 7-10 days to arrive at the dealership. Does that sound reasonable given I’m in Toronto (about 1.5 hrs from Cambridge)?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Reasonable timeframes

Just got an update from my dealership that the hybrid limited in metallic grey I ordered on April 17 is scheduled to be made this week on May 2 at the Cambridge ON plant. Then I’m told it will take 7-10 days to arrive at the dealership. Does that sound reasonable given I’m in Toronto (about 1.5 hrs from Cambridge)?
Your timeframes seem reasonable and the dealership is doing a good job of keeping you informed. It looks like it is beneficial to be somewhere near the Ontario Toyota plant which appears to be the only current plant in North America building rav4 hybrids.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats! I called my salesperson this morning and still no sign of my XSE which I ordered on April 5th. I am actually considering to upgrade to Limited but don't know whether it will make any faster for receiving the car.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats! I called my salesperson this morning and still no sign of my XSE which I ordered on April 5th. I am actually considering to upgrade to Limited but don't know whether it will make any faster for receiving the car./forums/images/smilies/confused.gif/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif
I don't think you should start holding your breath on an April 5th XSE order yet. I put deposit on XSE late January, heard in late Feb that dealer had been just then able to submit order for production but then the timing would depend on their allocations. Around the end of March, the order then showed scheduled production at end of April. Today, it shows 'finalized' but still no ETA and no VIN. So, as reported elsewhere in the forum, XSEs are barely creeping out from the Woodstock ON plant, at least those destined for dealers with Canada are barely creeping out at this time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Put my order in at beginning of Feb and was told today the rough approximate is still 2 months on my XSE. Can’t even give a temp VIN as they have not been allocated anything from Toyota Canada. So frustrating, may need to move on from Toyota unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Put my order in at beginning of Feb and was told today the rough approximate is still 2 months on my XSE. Can’t even give a temp VIN as they have not been allocated anything from Toyota Canada. So frustrating, may need to move on from Toyota unfortunately.

Hey Dan, Did the dealership offer your deposit back by any chance? I'm getting really frustrated as well. My dealer called this morning telling me that there is no definitive date on the XSE and tried to convince me again to upgrade or downgrade. I'm thinking about moving on as well .. waiting till july or august to get the XSE might not be worth it to pay top dollar when the 2020 models are rolling out soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put my order in Mid-March, the dealer told me there is no definitive date yet. Did offer to return my deposit. If you don't get your car within 90 days from the bill of sale i believe you able to get your deposit back.

Also, is it true that vehicle warranty starts from when the bill of sale is signed? So if some of us signed and get it in August aren't we losing like half a year of warranty without even having the vehicle?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Also, is it true that vehicle warranty starts from when the bill of sale is signed? So if some of us signed and get it in August aren't we losing like half a year of warranty without even having the vehicle?
I don't think the bill of sale you signed in order to put the order in is the final bill of sale (presumably, there is no VIN# on your current copy). Once your car arrives, then they will print a revised version with the VIN# and that becomes the official/final bill of sale.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Toyota has under-estimated demand for rav4 hybrid (duh!)

I don't think you should start holding your breath on an April 5th XSE order yet. I put deposit on XSE late January, heard in late Feb that dealer had been just then able to submit order for production but then the timing would depend on their allocations. Around the end of March, the order then showed scheduled production at end of April. Today, it shows 'finalized' but still no ETA and no VIN. So, as reported elsewhere in the forum, XSEs are barely creeping out from the Woodstock ON plant, at least those destined for dealers with Canada are barely creeping out at this time.
I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but it appears either Toyota has totally under-estimated demand for the 2019 rav4 hybrid, or they are having problems producing them in adequate quantities from the two factories (Canada, Japan) that are feeding dealers in North America. Most likely this wont get resolved until the Georgetown Kentucky factory gets up to speed building rav4 hybrids in early 2020.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ordered my XSE Apr 6th and was told 2 to 3 months. So I wait.
I wonder...what is the wait time in the US for an XSE? Are they suffering the same wait times as we Canadians?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Rav4 xse inventories

I wonder...what is the wait time in the US for an XSE? Are they suffering the same wait times as we Canadians?
I’ve been watching the inventories at 3-4 of the largest Toyota dealers in Southern California since early March, and the small number of hybrids that appear at these dealers seem to mostly be LE’s, XLE’s and Limited’s. If an XSE showed up at at dealer, it would immediately be sold that day I presume as they never appear on the inventory list. So quantities of the XSE here in SoCal have been miniscule.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Dan, Did the dealership offer your deposit back by any chance? I'm getting really frustrated as well. My dealer called this morning telling me that there is no definitive date on the XSE and tried to convince me again to upgrade or downgrade. I'm thinking about moving on as well .. waiting till july or august to get the XSE might not be worth it to pay top dollar when the 2020 models are rolling out soon.

Hi...no they have not offered to give my deposit back. I can’t see it being a problem though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just pondering, could it be that the XSE's are all in a slow boat from Japan due to lack of production capacity in Canada?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I’ve been watching the inventories at 3-4 of the largest Toyota dealers in Southern California since early March, and the small number of hybrids that appear at these dealers seem to mostly be LE’s, XLE’s and Limited’s. If an XSE showed up at at dealer, it would immediately be sold that day I presume as they never appear on the inventory list. So quantities of the XSE here in SoCal have been miniscule.
That’s exactly how I got mine. Got to the dealership shortly after they opened on April 19. Test drove one. Upon returning I asked about an XSE in magnetic gray metallic that was parked. Sales person had not seen it before. Had to look it up in the system. Had 3 miles on it if I recall correctly. Hearing about all the wait times, we took it home. It was the only XSE they had available that day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got word today. Put deposit down on Apr 4th on a white XSE premium and they told me its in the pipeline for a May 17 delivery. We will see, as I told my rep that if it I was waiting into June, I would just wait till the 2020 came our later this year. I know she is just doing her job, but she told me the XSE model would be delayed then too. I am not thinking that can be the case.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got word today. Put deposit down on Apr 4th on a white XSE premium and they told me its in the pipeline for a May 17 delivery. We will see, as I told my rep that if it I was waiting into June, I would just wait till the 2020 came our later this year. I know she is just doing her job, but she told me the XSE model would be delayed then too. I am not thinking that can be the case.
Hi Bryan,

Mind of I ask which dealership you ordered from? Also, what do you mean by XSE premium? To my knowledge there is only XSE and XSE Tech Package. I placed an order for my XSE in blizzard pearl white on April 13th, haven't gotten an update yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is so quick! My deposit went in with a high volume dealer in Vancouver in late January and I still don't have an ETA! Your dealer must move a lot of Toyotas to get the XSE allocation ahead of others.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice! Did they give you a VIN? I'm curious where it's coming from - I think I read you can tell the source buried in the VIN?

41 - 60 of 468 Posts
About this Discussion
467 Replies
98 Participants
Krazykiwi
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing