Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

661 - 670 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any other Hybrid LE orders out there?

I would be curious to see what your order date was and delivery date (or how many weeks/months you have been waiting).

Mine:
Order Date: Nov 9
Delivery: TBD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wondering If I order a car, is there a way to track my order or the dealership is in control of this process. Say if they order my car, then someone else is willing to pay more, would they give it to them, and order another one for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi fellow Canadians, after waiting exactly 4 months we did pick up our Hybrid LE 2020 (had ordered a 2019 LE in August) -
[RANT] On our way to the dealership we received a phone call from the finance department telling us the price would go up by 760$ because it is a 2020, luckily because of this forum I was prepared for such a last minute scam/price change to occur, so I told him absolutely NOT! Also, anticipating this, we had confirmed once again with our sales manager that the price would be honoured days before our car came in to the dealership (we were also told several times during our waiting time that the price would not go up). Luckily in the end they did honour our price, but not without trying to up it first. :) A promise is a promise, be prepared! -
[CAR UPDATE] Getting used to our new ride, we have had temperatures around -15C - fueled up twice so far with no apparent issue, averaging (thus far) around 8L/100km (using the remote starter every day) - we are enjoying our new ride and the hybrid system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any other Hybrid LE orders out there?

I would be curious to see what your order date was and delivery date (or how many weeks/months you have been waiting).

Mine:
Order Date: Nov 9
Delivery: TBD
Hi, my dealership told me with the shortage of Hybrid Batteries and high demand the waiting time is even longer now - 5-6 months on average... if you were to order now. Not sure how accurate this info is, but that is what he told us.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi, my dealership told me with the shortage of Hybrid Batteries and high demand the waiting time is even longer now - 5-6 months on average... if you were to order now. Not sure how accurate this info is, but that is what he told us.
Yet in the US my dealer has 6 on the lot. One 2020. They use the same batteries. Are we sure this battery shortage story isn't an up-selling one? Maybe they just don't have the allotments because they don't sell enough cars so they can't get the exact config you want?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think dealerships in Canada are saying this on purpose, in order to push people to the gas models. When I ordered my 2020 RAV4 hybrid LTD last weekend the dealership I ordered from (Toronto area) had 13 gas models on the lot. The sales guy I was dealing with first said that it would be a 4-5 month wait; when I told him I wasn’t in a rush because I had another vehicle to use, the wait time came down to 1-3 months at most. They even wrote a deliver-by date of January 1, 2020 in the purchase agreement, so I suspect it will be ready sooner. I hate buying a new car....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yet in the US my dealer has 6 on the lot. One 2020. They use the same batteries. Are we sure this battery shortage story isn't an up-selling one? Maybe they just don't have the allotments because they don't sell enough cars so they can't get the exact config you want?
The battery shortage story may be true, but I think it has more to do with pushing people to models that the dealership cannot seem to move. Remember, sales people only get their commissions once you accept delivery of the vehicle. It isn’t in their best interest to have you waiting for 4+ months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Update: Sales Manager emailed me saying "We managed to secure the 2020 RAV4 HYBRID LE in white, it is currently in production status"

Does this mean that I should be given a VIN now?
To those who have their 2020MY Hybrids, how long did you have to wait after similiar message?

661 - 670 of 670 Posts