Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!

I want some sort of integrated Bluetooth with my stock radio for my '07 base model. Blu logic (is the default right?) seems to be what I want.

I've read a bunch of posts on here that they do/don't work with an 07.
When I've googled the kits, they don't show a picture of the button, how else would it be controlled though.

I'm also open to suggestions for not blu logic if it uses all 4 speakers to play music.

I guess I'm just overwhelmed with the options and want something that works well and blends seamlessly (and not something that plugs into my aux port for $15).

Thanks in advance, and sorry I'm such a rookie.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
blu logic blows lol...your best bet is to get an aftermarket stereo that has bluetooth...that is what i did since i wanted more than what blu logic offers...i can even play dvds and have a good backup camera...well worth getting a good stereo...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
BluLogic works very well with a smart phone. I have been using it for years with my iPhone. You basically use Siri for everything. But it even worked well with my iPhone 3 way before Siri. All you really see of it is the button and the microphone:

For more info click the link in my signature:

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
BluLogic works very well with a smart phone. I have been using it for years with my iPhone. You basically use Siri for everything. But it even worked well with my iPhone 3 way before Siri. All you really see of it is the button and the microphone:

For more info click the link in my signature:
:wall Siri! I'll click your link, but might be back for more help. My RAV4 does not use bluetooth for music, but of course it does for hands-free cell-phone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Say I did go with an aftermarket

I'd want Bluetooth, usb port, and ideally touchscreen- everything out there seems to be either a GPS or DVD player... Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Spend some time on crutchfield.com to look at some options. Read reviews there and on amazon. Most do have a DVD/CD player rather than just a CD. Though there are app radios now that don't have a disc input at all. But there are plenty of non-nav touchscreen options out there if that's what you want.

We originally had a Kenwood DDX371 but swapped it our for a Clarion NX404 as the Kenwood would drop Bluetooth pretty regularly and got tired of that. There are very pricey ones out there but also plenty of good ones under $300. Plus you may want to wait for black friday/cyber monday as that is how we got a deal on the Clarion.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i have a jvc stereo that plays dvds and has a good bluetooth...i can also connect my smartphone and watch anything from the smartphone or have my maps program run or whatever...i also have a backup camera hooked up to it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spend some time on crutchfield.com to look at some options. Read reviews there and on amazon. Most do have a DVD/CD player rather than just a CD. Though there are app radios now that don't have a disc input at all. But there are plenty of non-nav touchscreen options out there if that's what you want.

We originally had a Kenwood DDX371 but swapped it our for a Clarion NX404 as the Kenwood would drop Bluetooth pretty regularly and got tired of that. There are very pricey ones out there but also plenty of good ones under $300. Plus you may want to wait for black friday/cyber monday as that is how we got a deal on the Clarion.

I totally forgot about cyber Monday!! Good call, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've started looking for a new bluetooth adapter for my 2011 Rav4. My stereo has the XM built in, which looks like it complicates things. I'm currently using one of those Aux devices and its novelty is wearing off. I'd like something that plugs into the radio directly and turns on/off with the vehicle. The BluLogic is looking attractive at $70 (dealer wants $230 of the same PN) - Toyota - BLU-LOGIC HANDS FREE UNIT Part Number: PT923-00111. It says it conflicts with accessory XM, but mine came from the factory with XM built in (XM logo directly on the radio), so I think i'm clear there.

There's a couple questions I haven't found answers to -
1) "Dual front speaker output delivers easy listening to calls" - Does that mean that if I stream music from my phone, it too is on just the front speakers, or is it on rear also?
EDIT: Found one answer. I found the manual to the Blu Logic. It says
(10) Music Stream & Pause:
After completion of Hands-free connection to an A2DP hand-set, you may listen to music stored on your hand-set through the vehicle’s speakers. Simply activate the music streaming application on your hand-set. Refer to your hand-set’s user manual for more details.
Note: Sound output is through the front speakers only.
...So that makes blu logic much lower on the list.

2) If i'm listening to FM radio and get a phone call, do I have to switch the radio input or does it automatically switch to the phone, and just have to press "answer"?

·
Registered
129 Posts
i searched on craigslist and found a toyota bluelogic system for $40. works in my 07 corolla. works well for me. sound only through front speakers. my 07 rav4 with built in bluetooth has sound only from the driver side speaker.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wow did they only put BT in the 2012. It is a nice feature.

My father wanted BT for his car. Was getting overwhelmed with all the option, and was tired of doing research. So he went to our local stereo shop. $400 later he has a perfectly integrated system. I can't even tell you what they installed. But I guess that was the point.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had tried two BT systems in my '06 with the stock non-JBL radio.

The first system was the GROM Audio TOYNB3 kit. It connects to the CD-Changer port on the back of the radio and streaming music through BT will play back on all speakers. The kit will interrupt any audio source (AM/FM/CD) during phone calls. The drawback is that the radio must be on all the time for the kit to work in hands-free mode, even if you're not listening to radio/music.

The second system was the BLU Logic kit that I found on eBay. The microphone housing is different than what JuneBug posted, but I had found a method for the installation. This system only works for non-JBL radio since it connects between the headunit and factory 2-plug harness-type (JBL radio only has a single harness). This feature allows hands-free calling without having the radio to be on, since the system functions as a separate unit controlling the audio paths, and hence, only the front speakers work during operation. Likewise, it will interrupt any radio/music source when a call comes in.

I ended up keeping the BLU Logic, even though it may "blow" as others have insinuated, but it was a cheap, simple system that I was looking for without spending extra on an aftermarket radio or streaming system. The BLU Logic system is based on BT version 2.0/2.1, so it's quite outdated and doesn't seem to support streaming.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
I've been using my BluLogic for over 5 years now and yes, it streams music beautifully. I can stream music directly from my iPhone, or Pandora, or Spotify, or any other audio, even police band radio using the proper app. Yes, it only outputs to the front speakers, but it sounds fine to me as I never sit in the back seat. If you have a smart phone with voice recognition, you can do almost anything. I can have Siri read me my latest text messages, and dictate replies which she sends out, all hands free. She can even read my emails to me while I'm driving. If you have a smartphone, BluLogic will work great with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts