Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Want to increase tire size

743 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  TrueTexan
First time poster here, I have a 2020 Rav4 TRD with stock wheels (TRD size 18x7) and looking at increasing the size of my tires since I need to replace them. Currently riding on Falken Wildpeak 225/60R18's and have done a lot of researching lately but finding dead ends. I've seen people post about increasing to 245/60R18's with no complications but would that work for my stock wheels being 18x17?

Has anyone increased their tire size with no complications/rubbing if so, any suggestions?

Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
First time poster here, I have a 2020 Rav4 TRD with stock wheels (TRD size 18x7) and looking at increasing the size of my tires since I need to replace them. Currently riding on Falken Wildpeak 225/60R18's and have done a lot of researching lately but finding dead ends. I've seen people post about increasing to 245/60R18's with no complications but would that work for my stock wheels being 18x17?

Has anyone increased their tire size with no complications/rubbing if so, any suggestions?

Thanks!
I just put Michelin ClimateControl 235 60 18 on my RAV4 Prime with no problems.

· Registered
4 Posts

Thanks!
I’ve seen a few builds online of people going with 255/55/18, but I have similar questions on my car so I can’t be of much help. Also fyi not sure if you are riding the factory tires, but from my understanding the falken trails that come from the factory are not even the same ones you get aftermarket (they have a less agressive tread pattern and are not winter rated), just food for thought if ur still looking at tires.

· Registered
520 Posts
I just upgraded my tires on my 2019 RAV4 XSE from the factory 225/60/R18 to the Falken Wildpeak A/T 235/60/R18 with no problems and it was a great improvement. Others have gone with the 245/60/R18 on different models. I just wary of going with the 245 and the possibility of rubbing. Just going up on size to the 235/60/R18 made all the difference in the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts