Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this post is in the right place if not then gladly move it to the right place... any who, looking to upgrade my old standard radio to a full touchscreen with navigation bluetooth etc as my 2010 rav doesn't have any of it and with so many on Amazon don't know what's good or not. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
500 bucks, android auto for sure as I use a S10, don't need an option for a optional backup camera,

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hope this post is in the right place if not then gladly move it to the right place... any who, looking to upgrade my old standard radio to a full touchscreen with navigation bluetooth etc as my 2010 rav doesn't have any of it and with so many on Amazon don't know what's good or not. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Go to Crutchfield...bought new units with CarPlay for my 2 oldest daughters...2010 RAV4 and 2009 Corrola.. under $500 with new speaker, full instructions and ready harness.. basically tear the old out plug the new in!

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you are looking for a Toyota OEM upgrade than I can sell you my Scion touchscreen unit that is about 2 years old but functions perfectly and is plug and play without cutting any wires. I can sell you the unit for about $150 plus you will need a couple of harness which you can order for about $150 and you'll have yourself a touchscreen, hd radio, and bluetooth audio. Does not come with navigation or usb. PM me if interested. Thanks

Scion Headunit

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,518 Posts
My advice to you is be very, very careful removing those plastic trim pieces on either side of the radio. The one on the right has the hazard lights button. They are very flexible when the RAV4 is new, but after 8 or 9 years the plastic gets brittle and is easily broken, especially at the top where the pointy end is. The cold weather doesn't help either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm a Pioneer guy. I bought Pioneer headunit from Best Buy with free install. Best Buy price was the lowest and they match Amazon prices for the trim kit and harnesses.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Try Crutchfield... I'm actually trying to buy a JVC KW-M150BT with Android Mirroring via USB, as I don't want to spend a fortune, so I'm going with this unit instead... seems like it works pretty good.

Basically it mirrors your phone on the screen and allows touch screen control, plus USB and BT Music streaming.

However for about double the price you can get a full Android unit from Kenwood, JVC, Sony or Alpine... I don't trust the chinese Android unit quality, so I rather go with a branded unit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We finally got tired of the factory sound, so we're having a new Kenwood unit and new speakers installed in our 2007. I opted for a more expensive shop in large part because of the likelihood that I would break that expensive dash trim, or that someone from Best Buy or another cheap shop would.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just replaced the factory non gps touch screen stereo on our 2011 V6 with this US $320.76 34% OFF|Dasaita 9
Fitted straight in and wiring adapters to plug and play. Took a very long day to install with DAB, extra USB sockets in console, hidden GPS antenna, windscreen DAB antenna and reverse camera installed, but works and sounds great. It is a huge screen. I also have a Dasaita head unit in my Prado and have found the product and the company to good value. (I have no affiliation with Dasaita)
Baz

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is always a gamble with anything these days as to what the long term reliability will be. The Dasaita in my Prado is over two years old now and still works really well.
I have a Chinese Erisin double din gps stereo in a Nissan pathfinder that I purchased in 2009 and have never had a issue with it at all. (more than I can say for the Nissan factory stereo)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a Sony XAV-AX5000 installed in my 2010 last year. Huge improvement over the stock unit. It is Apple Carplay and Android compatible, makes the stock speakers sound significantly better, and in my opinion it looks almost stock - as the black and grey tones match the tones elsewhere on the dash/interior. As an added bonus, it updates the feel of the interior. I also added a backup camera while I was at it.

If I were to do it again, I'd be happy with the cheaper Sony XAV-AX3000. You can buy that for as low as $279 w/ free installation from Best Buy (+ cost of dash kit and harness etc)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts