I found my mint 2013 Highlander alloy rims, on Ottawa kijiji...near new takeoffs, for $800 Cdn.
(= 625 US$)
- $750 for the set of 4, with only 800 Km...the 3 week old Highlander SUV was stolen, out of guys driveway...rims only saw 800 Km, and stored in locked garage
- I gave sellers friend $50 gas money, to deliver alloys to Grand Bend...when he went to open up the family cottage
^^ Got to be patient & keep searching the local ads.
When son was buying a new Lexus RX350, Dad found him a brand new set of 19's complete with premium winter tires, caps & TPMS...had to act quick, guy was getting flooded with email buyers.
- sight unseen, I said consider them sold tomorrow (with cash in hand) / so take down your ad
- list price was $4,600 ... all ordered from a Lexus Dealership, in GTA
- executive was relocating overseas, with job promotion...new tire package, needed to go
- purchase price was $2,600 complete (zero miles)
- garage stored immediately after rims & Bridgestone winter tires came off the balance machine
- son works in his London office & has Toronto business clients, so Dad sealed the phone deal & son picked them up / very next day
- they met at Golf Town parking lot...safe spot...and did the exchange
- executive had extra funds, to buy new clubs...and headed into the Golf Pro shop
Find a mint set, can't procrastinate...Kijiji ad was only 45 minutes old / quality alloys sell fast !!
- I've never wanted China-aftermarket knockoffs, with suspect QC potential in foundry casting (??)