Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 1997 4 door Rav4 and am looking for a set of roof racks, if anyone, has a set and want to sell them, please let me know, thanks,,,Josef,,,

·
Registered
685 Posts
If it's the factory racks you're looking for, it's imperative you get the keys with them........wanted to be sure you knew that!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have 2 sets of Yakima racks that I used on my 1997 4dr: one set for 4x8 sheets of plywood and other building materials and one set with saddles mounted for our kayaks. I will be able to use the cross bars on my new 2006 Rav when I get it but I will have to buy new towers. I will sell you a set of towers if you are interested but you will still have to buy the crossbars. If you live in Winnipeg, you are welcome to come by and look at them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roof racks

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies, I wasnt sure about the keys, but I appreciate the info,thanks,do those yakima racks fit right into my roof slots, or are they something different,? if you could post pics, that would be Great, thanks,,,Joe,,,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi peppster66,

I tried the factory racks before I bought the Yakimas. I found that they were too far back and too close together to carry long 2x4's, my canoe, or our kayaks. You can check out the Yakimas at www.yakima.com . I copied a picture of the towers from the website and put it in my album so you can see what they look like. Yakimas are some of the best racks available but they are unbelievably expensive. It is a challenge to put something on the racks that cost as much as the racks do. That being said, I will be putting a set on my 2006 Rav4 without hesitation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rack

Hi Harold. thanks for all the info, I was wondering if you had a price in mind for the racks?when you get a chance, let me know, thanks,,,,Joe,,,,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: rack

peppster66 said:
Hi Harold. thanks for all the info, I was wondering if you had a price in mind for the racks?when you get a chance, let me know, thanks,,,,Joe,,,,
New price is C$180 for 4 Q Towers without lock cores and C$80 for 4 Q32 clips. I would sell the same used for C$120 and I would pay the shipping, no taxes payable. You would still have to buy 2 crossbars locally which list at C$75/pair for the 58" and a set of lock cores for if you think that you need them. Preferred method of payment would be PayPal.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just thought I'd make an observation......
Like Harold, I was never comfortable enough with the factory racks to put my 17' Coleman canoe up there at highway speeds.....as they are too close together....
Felt the best thing would be a third bar (aftermarket) over the front doors.....for anything long or weighty......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Harold, after discussing it with my wife, she sais she would prefer the original Toyoyta roof racks, sorry about that, but thank you very much for the offer,,,,Joe,,,,

·
Registered
130 Posts
peppster66 said:
Hi Harold, after discussing it with my wife, she sais she would prefer the original Toyoyta roof racks, sorry about that, but thank you very much for the offer,,,,Joe,,,,
No problem. I think the factory racks are a better choice if you are just carrying skis or something small.

I will make the same offer on the towers with clips to anyone else who is reading this thread as I made Joe . The price is C$120 or US$105 shipping included.

E

·
0 Posts
hey pepster66, i have a factory roof rack for a 94-00 rav4 with keys and such, let me know what you had in mind!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts