Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"In short, Toyota's once-weird RAV4, the vehicle that arguably began the "crossover" trend in 1996 has gone conventional. But in the new, third-generation RAV's case, it is all for the better.
It is obvious from the '06's mini-Highlander sheet metal that the days of funky styling are finished. Gone is the bug-on-steroids look of the first-generation RAV4, and the slightly more mature, yet nonetheless Tokyo side-street appearance of the outgoing '01-'05 model."

http://wardsauto.com/testdrive/auto_allnew_rav_conventional/

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The only part of the article that I agreed with:

"Anyway, do not lament the RAV4's loss of funk too much. The likable but definitely peculiar FJ Cruiser is coming later this year to take up the cause."

Just checked out an FJ Cruiser yesterday, it definitely has the mojo that has been castrated from the new RAV4. :lol: There were many people at the dealer checking out the FJ's on the lot. The new RAV4 was sitting near it being totally ignored. :egad:

N

·
0 Posts
I definitely agree with this:

"The only complaint about the seating setup is that the RAV4 continues with a chintzy and flimsy-feeling backrest for the second-row 60/40 split bench.
The seatback is too thin and too short..."

The second row seats need to be more like the ones in the matrix/vibe.

S

·
0 Posts
Derek said:
The only part of the article that I agreed with:

"Anyway, do not lament the RAV4's loss of funk too much. The likable but definitely peculiar FJ Cruiser is coming later this year to take up the cause."

Just checked out an FJ Cruiser yesterday, it definitely has the mojo that has been castrated from the new RAV4. :lol: There were many people at the dealer checking out the FJ's on the lot. The new RAV4 was sitting near it being totally ignored. :egad:
with 15,000 sales per month for new Rav4, apperantly FJ's are all that is left on the lots :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts