Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2017 Rav4H for just under a month and noticed the warning buzzer for the lane departure doesn't seem to be loud enough for me to hear. This is with the radio turned off and low to no noise from the air conditioning fan. Is there a way to turn up the volume for the various warning buzzers or not? I have been all over the user manual and can't find the answer (hopefully, just missing where it tells all about it).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Short answer No, I had the same issue but have become accustom to the low volume and can hear it as long as the radio is on normal volume otherwise appears it is a new change because people in prior year rav's reported just the opposite loud warning tone.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Warning Buzzer volume

New to this forum. I have the same problem -- I have a hearing disability and do not hear any of the safety warning chimes. My dealer took a look and said there's nothing to adjust. Evidentially Toyota turned it down too much for 2017. Does anyone know if there is a relay or other component that controls this sound? If so, perhaps it's possible to swap the 2017 with a 2016 component. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I am quite deaf, too. I have no such vehicle warning, but for household things I wire a small bright red light to things like doorbells, clock alarms. Installing the same in-series to a car warning would be very cool, and could be installed in the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts