Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Rav4 Sport is about the click over to 99,000 miles and the maintenance required light came on since it is due for a service. My 100,000 mile warranty is about to expire which makes me a bit nervous considering I still owe just under 9,000 to pay this vehicle off. I am a little gun shy because my last vehicle a 2002 Saturn vue started needing a lot of costly repairs after it past the 100,000 bench mark. I spent about $7000.00 in repairs on the saturn vue before I traded it at 180,000 on on the RAV

Are there any potential expenses repairs that I need the dealer to make sure are working okay before I hit 100k on the toyota? I bought the RAV when it had 54,000 miles and the only major repairs that was completed was replacing the battery, alternator and waterpump.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Presuming the RAV has had a good maintenance history, comparing Toyota quality to GM quality in general is like comparing apples to oranges. Though to be fair, I think Saturn was probably above par for GM.

Also, any one vehicle can be a stinker compared to most others of the same model, even the same year. Perhaps your Vue was one. Ask RTexasF about that.

I think the spark plugs are commonly replaced at about 100K, but am not sure what else. I'm sure others will have good ideas.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You can have the dealer check anything you want, however they will only repair something if it's broken and since you drive this thing a lot you would know if something was broken...these things are pretty reliable, but you will put money out for some repairs...as far as Saturns go my wife has one with 285k on it and still going strong...largest repair so far has been the fuel pump...

·
Registered
76 Posts
While warranty might offer you some piece of mind, your car doesn't know the difference. Why not double up on your payments and get it paid off early?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts