Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 2011 Rav4 Limited (JBL radio) has error message 3. All my CD are stuck in the stereo and I bring back to Dealer service. Because I still have Platinum Toyota Warranty and Certified Toyota 1st year warranty. They replaced my radio free.

Today I just get my car back with the new radio installed. When I am pairing the bluetooth, I notice this is not a new stereo. At least 3-4 phones already paired with lots of phone number in the phonebook. Also, I think this is an older stereo head (before 2011) because XM radio only allow 6 station memory (my 2011 version has 3 band for XM radio memory). Although it is free, I am not too happy about that. Should I complain or it is normal in the warranty business?

(My invoice listed $196 parts and lab-mechanical $34.2. It is free, because I under FAC warranty on the invoice)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Recently my 2011 Rav4 Limited (JBL radio) has error message 3. All my CD are stuck in the stereo and I bring back to Dealer service. Because I still have Platinum Toyota Warranty and Certified Toyota 1st year warranty. They replaced my radio free.

Today I just get my car back with the new radio installed. When I am pairing the bluetooth, I notice this is not a new stereo. At least 3-4 phones already paired with lots of phone number in the phonebook. Also, I think this is an older stereo head (before 2011) because XM radio only allow 6 station memory (my 2011 version has 3 band for XM radio memory). Although it is free, I am not too happy about that. Should I complain or it is normal in the warranty business?

(My invoice listed $196 parts and lab-mechanical $34.2. It is free, because I under FAC warranty on the invoice)
Generally speaking, manufacturers reserve the right to replace your defective parts with "remanufactured" parts, as long as it at least meets the specs of the original part. However, yours sounds like it just came out of another vehicle. I'm surprised they didn't delete the Bluetooth info. The difference in the XM specs I'm not familiar with, but if you feel it's significant, then by all means take it up with your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
The replacements are all re-manufactured as was the replacement in my '08 LTD. Now, if it is a lesser product than you had originally that is a whole different situation. Give them grief and have them make it right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The replacements are all re-manufactured as was my replacement in my '08 LTD. Now, if it a lesser product than you had originally that is a whole different situation. Give them grief and have them make it right.

RtexasF, how's ur stereo after replacement? So far so good? Mine broke down 1 week after I bought it. Sad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
189 Posts
it is true that they could replace your radio head with a refurbished unit, but tested before installing them to the vehicles.

going back to your bluetooth, and phonebook data, are you sure they are not yours?

:)

yes, it is your option to complain about it, (it is not FREE, you already paid that Platinum coverage) and they will order another one for you. i dont see, why not.

now, if there's nothing wrong, no scratches, and all is well & working, keep and use it all the time.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i would say something for sure...you paid for the coverage and they must replace the stereo with one that is equal or better...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts