Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

How long do you wait to wash your Rav4 after a snow storm?

• Right after the snow stops falling

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-3 days after the snow storm

• 4-7 days after the snow storm

• More than a week after the snow storm

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is only for those people who live in areas that receive snow during the winter (otherwise it skews the results).

I usually wait a couple of days until the roads are clear and dry, otherwise it will get covered in salt again as soon as I drive away from the car wash. If I know that another snow storm will be coming soon after the first one, I usually hold off until the weather is going to be good for a few days. Over the course of an average winter it usually equates to me washing my Rav4 once every 10 days. During the winter it's too cold for me to wash it myself, so I usually take it through the automatic trouch-free carwash.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I usually try to wait until there isn't any snow left to melt onto the roads... although if you have constant snow on the ground I myself usually wait a week or so, otherwise you could be washing your car almost everyday... :roll: .... you can always take a couple of old towels specifically for winter and get a bucket of warm water and just wipe down all the salty/whitish areas... at least to try to keep it a little bit clean, until you can make it to the car wash.... at least that's what I used to do every now and then with some of my vehicles....

One thing that tends to get annoying is when washing your car in the freezing weather, the residue of water left starts to freeze before you can dry it off completely... :shock:

Just my .02 cents on the topic... 8)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I typically look at how dirty it is. I wash usually when I start to see that dusty powder salt all over or that brown slush in the wheel wells. :shock:

Last week I washed it 2 days before going for a rust proofing. A few days later I opened my rear bottom side compartment and found oil inside :eek: Luckily there was nothing special in there.

Because I have the oil based rust proofing I use the high pressure warm water sud first on the painted body and do a rinse with the water and especially in the seems and wheel wells. Last year i made the mistake of sudding up the whole car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts