Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking my oil etc and noticed leaf debris on top of my passenger shock tower. There was some debris in the plastic windshield cowl drains and screen;cleaned it all up up then tested the whole thing by running water on the windshield. I then noticed water dripping down on top of the large wiring harnesses that seem to pass through the firewalls and it appears there are large fasteners missing at each end of the cowl, but not necessarily where the leak is originating. I had the wiper arm recall performed a few years back, they probably forgot to replace those fasteners, but the rest of the clips seem to be in place. Is it normal for some water to get into these areas? Is there another drain system under this plastic cowl?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I can see there is quite a bit of small pine needle so what I think you should do is remove the cowl and inspect if there is a blockage in the drain. Clean all the leaves up and put a new push pin in. I don't think a missing push pin will cause a leak because the water goes into a drain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the wiper arm recall a while back too and my dealer also did not add those push pins back. Maybe this was by design? I've also found the occassional leaf in the shock tower areas, so I wouldn't be too worried about it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts