Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a few pictures of any weatherstripping between the hood and body? My rav seems to get a lot of water into the engine bay when it rains or in a car wash. I get a lot of steam that comes out when it rains or in a car wash. I had work done to the front end I am wondering if they forgot to put and weather strips back on or something. Mine is a 2006 Base with the V6

·
Super Moderator
9,551 Posts
I have the same car except it's the Limited but should be the same under the hood. Also had the whole front end replaced after a deer encounter so I've been checking on all the seals too. There should be black rubber seals in a big U-shape starting on top of one fender near the windshield and running across the front on top of the radiator and over on top of the other fender. The only place I've got no seal is the 4-5 inches between both sides of the radiator and the headlights. Both of us need to compare ours with another 3rd generation (2006-2012) RAV4. Maybe a friend's, at a used car dealer or even looking at one someone has for sale. I've gotten some info from ads if they show a picture with the hood open.
Here one of an '06 showing some of the seals. I note it doesn't have any in the same 4-5" section as mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea mine is a pretty thin one right in the front on the bottom and the one along the back near the vents. But I can see on the engine where the salty/dirty water from the roads around here is spraying into the bay. Maybe I will try to beef up the thin one in front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts