Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 2006 Rav-4 new. For the past two years occasionally when it rains, I end up with water in the front passenger floor board. I have taken it the dealership and they could't find anything wrong. They wanted me to pay over 300 to take apart part of the area around the floor board and run smoke in to find the problem. Has any one else had a problem like this? I've started keeping a towel in the floor board just in case it rains but it never happens during a visit to the carwash.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Perhaps the A/C drain is plugged and the water (condensation) is going back into the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Or the cowl TSB work may not have been done, my 2006 did exactly that until the cowl work was done.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/106-4-3-tsbs/64749-bo021-06-cowl-panel-water-leak-11-01-06-revised-03-22-07-a.html#post662172

I got my cowl (the trim that goes under the length of the windshield) replaced free under a recall. There are 2 recall parts which include the wiper linkage (can rust) and the cowl it self (a newer cowl that is suppose to be better that does not let water into the wiper linkage).

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
If your windshield was recently replaced it's a good bet they didn't seal it properly.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I purchased my 2006 Rav-4 new. For the past two years occasionally when it rains, I end up with water in the front passenger floor board. I have taken it the dealership and they could't find anything wrong. They wanted me to pay over 300 to take apart part of the area around the floor board and run smoke in to find the problem. Has any one else had a problem like this? I've started keeping a towel in the floor board just in case it rains but it never happens during a visit to the carwash.
If it only happens when it rains, then it's not likely the AC drain. I'd try a local body shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts