Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was getting a new torque converter put in today and they noticed a leak (attached is photo) with the water pump, thing is water pump was replaced 2 years ago.. I’ve noticed no dripping on my snow covered driveway, and 2 years and 20k miles is weird for a pump to fail again, thoughts on causes ? Ps I’m not replacing yet I’m going to keep coolant in car and if level drops again I’m going to replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my understanding the weep hole starts working to let you know of the seals and gaskets failing. Dealership can’t do anything I contacted Toyota they are looking into a out of warranty fix they won’t have a definitive answer until tomorrow or Monday

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OEM I’m assuming, the repair was done by a certified dealer before I owned the car, one of the selling points was owner has just replaced this, along with spotless maintenance records

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my first 30 days of ownership it was the TC now this... not sure If this indicative of a bad car I’m contemplating selling vehicle... i bought from a private seller so no recourse there... I had such good luck with my first Toyota that I got when I was 18 I’m 32 and she’s still in my driveway I swore myself to Toyota I hope after these issues (both pretty major issues ) I’ll only have normal wear and tear expenses

·
Registered
48 Posts
When buying a used vehicle always take it to a good trusted mechanic to check it out from top to bottom before buying… even our bulletproof Toyotas. I didn’t have that option when I bought mine in Florida so I took my scan tool and the basic things that I know to look for before I made my purchase… I spent about two hours doing that, came back with no codes, no signs of collision, no signs of flooding.

I’m sure yours will be just fine in the very long run.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the assurance, thing is I did take it for a pre purchase inspection to a reputable shop for a 120 dollar charge and they said everything was fine I’m shocked they missed this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts