Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, our 2002 RAV4 with a 2.0L (1AZFE) is having an increasing noise coming from the engine compartment. Removing the serpentine belt confirmed it is from something being spun by the belt and not the engine itself. I suspect the water pump as that is the only thing that makes any noise when spinning the pulleys by hand. However, the water pump is not leaking. Is there any DIY procedures out there for replacing the water pump? Do I use the pink or red antifreeze with this? TIA

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,895 Posts
Hello all, our 2002 RAV4 with a 2.0L (1AZFE) is having an increasing noise coming from the engine compartment. Removing the serpentine belt confirmed it is from something being spun by the belt and not the engine itself. I suspect the water pump as that is the only thing that makes any noise when spinning the pulleys by hand. However, the water pump is not leaking. Is there any DIY procedures out there for replacing the water pump? Do I use the pink or red antifreeze with this? TIA
My water pump did the same thing. It sounded like marbles rattling around in a tin can. There were no leaks at all. Luckily it was covered by the extended warranty. The mechanic explained it as a bad bearing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did it cause your rav to overheat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts