Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All, I have successfully replaced the water pump in our 2008 Rav4.3 (and the wife's daily driver), and have to say the Forum posts and YouTube videos on the subject were invaluable in this process. Now, I have to say that I encountered a few problems along the way, that extended the estimated 3-5 hour repair by at least 3X, but I digress. The biggest problem was a rounded bolt head on the WP pulley, and access to it ... All that is a moot, as the problem has been solved and the new WP, pulley and bolts are installed, along with the alternator, coolant reservoir and all the cowlings...

However, when I reconnected the battery, the alarm horn goes off and cannot be turned off with the remote ... I'm at a loss on how to resolve this one and need your help ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After checking other 'similar' threads, I'm going to check the battery, age, voltage etc ... it's been said the alarm system is sensitive to battery voltage and condition, and since my battery was disconnected for 4 days (for the purposes of the WP replacement) this may be a contributor. More later.

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Since you're in central TX if the battery is near 3 years old just replace it. It may not be the problem but one more "soon to be a problem" out of the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts