Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are many posts about the water pump and I have read through them but can anyone tell me if the new replacement water pumps that Toyota uses are any better than the original? In other words, will I have the same problem with it going bad?

Thanks,

2010 Rav V6

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
That's a good question. My original water pump got noisy at a little over 42,000 miles. They replaced it with the new and improved version. But, since I've only done a little over 3000 miles since then, it's a little early to know if it will last longer.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine was "weeping" for a while and the coolant level was slowly dropping. The "weeping" stopped about a month ago and the coolant level is staying at max. I check the level weekly just to be sure it doesn't start "weeping" again.:crying

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
When I did a search covering Toyota parts suppliers a few years ago regarding the 4.3 coolant pump there were two different part numbers given. I suspected that the later pump was a revised model. Unfortunately I don't have those parts numbers now. I had to run through multiple suppliers' listings to find the one which listed the different numbers.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
When I did a search covering Toyota parts suppliers a few years ago regarding the 4.3 coolant pump there were two different part numbers given. I suspected that the later pump was a revised model. Unfortunately I don't have those parts numbers now. I had to run through multiple suppliers' listings to find the one which listed the different numbers.
Often times a new REVISED Toyota part will have an R in the part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts