Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
There's really no need to wax or clay a brand new car. The paint on a new car is the best condition it'ill ever be in.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Carol,
I found the Zaino to be good and there are many people here that swear by it.
You should not have to clay a new car but make sure you clean it well using Zainos’ (or other) insructions;
I used a surgical glove and passed it over the hole car while sudding it and rubbed those poor critters that got stuck to my hood. 8)
My car was 2 years old and not many bumps to remove.

Walt

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Zaino will also try to sell you a few more products to make more money :wink: So as long as the paint is smooth to the touch and clean you should have no problem :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nouse4aname said:
Don't you want to keep it that way as long as possible with a good protective coat of wax?
I had thought about getting a Teflon coat put on it since a friend of mine did 2 years ago and his car still looks good. I never did anything more than wash and wax my Honda and after 18 yrs, the paint still looked good. Even when I stopped waxing it when it hit 10 yr old. So this will be a first for me.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mionee67 said:
PuttPutt,

You are so kind to Experiment, UH I mean :roll:
wax your husbands car first :wink:
:lol: Hey, he said he would take one for the team. Actually, I offered to work on his car since his paint has completely lost its luster. And he wanted to see his baby shine one last time. But I secretly believe that he's really just testing me to see if I'd do all that work for him and if the product is really all that good! :wink:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
besides the Rav, I own a show car that we show just about every weekend in the summer. I tried em all including Zanio. Zanio was a long and tedius application and the results were nice but I found other products that has just as good if not better results with less work.. For new vehicles i would recommend Stoner speed bead. I use it on our Rav and HIGHLY recommend . It easy and quick to apply and remove(can do the whole truck in 10 minutes) and it affords the right amount of protection for new paint.
http://www.speedbead.com/

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Used Zaino

Okay, so I used the Zaino products yesterday on hubby's car and today on my car. I'm really impressed with the shine on the old Baretta. I washed, clayed, and did 1 coat of Z5, Z2, and then Z6 today. Overall, I spent about 2 hrs on his car and it looks pretty darn good for an 18 yr old car with no clear coat. And it is smooth as a baby's bottom! I'm surprised the claying went as fast as it did.

With my car, I washed with Z7, 1 application of ZFX with Z5, and finished with Z6. Detailed the rims and did the windows. Took about 1.5 hrs. I think the car has a deeper shine now. To test the beading, I poured a little bit of water on the hood. Slid right off. Didn't even have to wipe it down. 8)

Now we just have to wait and see how long before I have to do this again. heehee

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
wow, its great to see a woman wax her own car!!!! Bravo Carol!!!! Your a rare breed
Rare breed indeed !! If she also cuts grass and cooks than it would be to bad she is married :roll: :lol:
As soon as it gets warm enough in TO i will be Zainoing my car too :D

Walt

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Re: Used Zaino

puttputt said:
Okay, so I used the Zaino products yesterday on hubby's car and today on my car. I'm really impressed with the shine on the old Baretta. I washed, clayed, and did 1 coat of Z5, Z2, and then Z6 today. Overall, I spent about 2 hrs on his car and it looks pretty darn good for an 18 yr old car with no clear coat. And it is smooth as a baby's bottom! I'm surprised the claying went as fast as it did.

With my car, I washed with Z7, 1 application of ZFX with Z5, and finished with Z6. Detailed the rims and did the windows. Took about 1.5 hrs.
Geez, the whole thing took you 1.5 hours!!! That's how long i take washing my car and drying it. That's why i have avoided doing any kind of detailing because it would take me the whole day :?. So what are those Z#? Sounds very complicated :?. As you can tell, i don't know much about detailing, well, basically about cars. I'm learning though. This Saturday will be the perfect day to do anything to my car. It'll be sunny and it's been low 70's here in Sacto!!! :?. It hasn't rained in 2 weeks, and my car is as filthy as you can imagine. I haven't washed it since the end of last year, and when there was a break and sunny for the weekends, it rained on monday or tuesday so i didn't wash it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ggirl, I can't claim I know anything more than you do about detailing. What I know is based solely on what I've read in forums, personal recommendations, and reading product labels.

The "Z" numbers is just Zaino's way of coding the products (Z7 is the car wash, Z2 is a car polish for cars w/ clear coats, etc.).

Let me qualify my 1.5 hrs a alittle more. I used a power washer and I didn't vacuum or clean any of the interior other than cleaning the windows (I haven't had it long enough to get it really dirty and the dogs hadn't been in the car yet :D ). In my old car, that could take as long as 1 hr or more (depending how neglectful I've been).

I was actually surprised as to how quickly the zaino products dried so I didn't have too long before buffing. The buffing was a breeze, came off with very little effort, unlike some of the waxes I've used in the past (buffing and buffing). So I think that really helped.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts