Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are lots of Zano and/or Meguiars fans out there. Honestly, I'm quite clue-less on the topic. That said, I did come across this no-wax product (5 star shine) and wondered if anybody has any experience with it.

It reads a bit like a cheesy, info-mercial, so I'm wondering if it is just a bunch of promises and not much else.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok here's what I got going on my baby.

I was always a Meguiars Fan if only due to there very responsive customer support and the way they stand behind their product. I've tried Zaino before but I'm just not into being forced to "mail order" something I need today. Plus, using Zaino is almost like being a chemist. Sorry have to pass.

I just put 2 coats of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (liquid) on my car (allow 12 hours between coats) and then topped that with a nice coat of Meguiars Clear Coat Gold Class Liquid Wax. I can't even begin to describe to you how amazing the car looks. Usually, darker cars look better than lighter cars but my blizzard pearl Rav is unbelievable right now. It's so wet and glossy looking I've never seen anything like it before.

The NXT Tech Wax is a synthetic polymer so it will give you some added protection. After the second coat I just stood there and stared. Was another coat of Gold Class needed? Probably not but heck I already bought the bottle.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ppuder wrote:
It reads a bit like a cheesy, info-mercial, so I'm wondering if it is just a bunch of promises and not much else.
Never heard of it either - sounds like a TV infomercial to me also. Reminds me of the commercials for the extinct "electronic rustproofing" scams of the late 80's and early 90's where they claimed US government patents.

If you don't find it on Detail City.com or Autotopia.com websites, it's probably garbage. Those sites have some good forums on what the detailers prefer.

OC

·
Registered
379 Posts
OCInsomniac said:
"electronic rustproofing" /quote]

I remember electronic rustproofing several years ago in Upstate. They were selling fear, and it worked for a while too. People dreaded the thought of having their cars just rot away in New England, (due to all the salt on the roads in winter)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grav said:
Ok here's what I got going on my baby.

I was always a Meguiars Fan if only due to there very responsive customer support and the way they stand behind their product. I've tried Zaino before but I'm just not into being forced to "mail order" something I need today. Plus, using Zaino is almost like being a chemist. Sorry have to pass.

I just put 2 coats of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (liquid) on my car (allow 12 hours between coats) and then topped that with a nice coat of Meguiars Clear Coat Gold Class Liquid Wax. I can't even begin to describe to you how amazing the car looks. Usually, darker cars look better than lighter cars but my blizzard pearl RAV is unbelievable right now. It's so wet and glossy looking I've never seen anything like it before.

The NXT Tech Wax is a synthetic polymer so it will give you some added protection. After the second coat I just stood there and stared. Was another coat of Gold Class needed? Probably not but heck I already bought the bottle.
Grav: This sounds like a winner. I've had my new vehicle for about a month now. The (standard, I guess) pitch at the dealer was that it takes "a few months" from delivery to the lot for the sealant/clear coat to "cure" and they recommended AGAINST using any kind of a commercially available car wash or wax product during this time (and to use the provided TOYOguard "Sealant Cleaner" instead, which, after my first use, appears to be basically a "cleaner wax" by another name -- am I right, or not?).

I got a bottle of the NXT Gen Tech Wax, but am wondering if it's too soon to use it. Any advice??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Back in the old days it was not recommended to use a wax or sealant until the paint had a 60-90 day "curing period". Not so any more, with newer paint processes and more water soluable paint - they dry out much faster. A few years ago I asked Sal Zaino the same question on new paint finishes, and ever since I've been doing the polish/sealant as soon as it comes in from the dealer with no problem. Go ahead and do it, and lets see some pics when you're done!! :wink:

OC

·
Registered
63 Posts
2 coats of NXT Tech Wax Liquid (12 hours between coats) + 1 nice coat of Gold Class Liquid Wax for Clear Coats is simply ridiculous looking.

As I sit there eyeing imperfections buff pad in hand I notice my wife chuckling through the window. Has she begun toying with me or had she really seen a spot on the rear door......the voices...I can't...I..I..must...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two coats of Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (liquid) for my cars. Great product!!

2006 RAV4 LTD 4X4 (Pacific Blue w/Ash interior)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been using One Grand Blitz Wax for many years. It is the most easiest to apply and remove that I have ever tried. It won't leave any white marks on rubber or plastic either. Lasts a good long time and a leaves a very nice brilliant shine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts