Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2017 SE some how I got some wax on the black lower door panel, have tried to remove it and any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Be very careful with Magic Eraser. It works for a lot of things, but it is abrasive. It is basically Melamine. I would not use it on paint or textured plastic trim.

For the door panel, I would suggest a soft toothbrush and a mild degreaser such as Simple Green, or even Dawn. Either should remove wax.

·
Registered
248 Posts
On my 2017 SE some how I got some wax on the black lower door panel, have tried to remove it and any suggestions.
Try a good grease cutting surface cleaner (like 409 or Fantastic) and a fine brush, like an old toothbrush. You need something that can get in all the plastic divots.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The pencil eraser trick works great. I was skeptical until i tried it. Get one of the large square erasers we used as kids in school. The pointed edges are great to get into small areas where the trim meets the body panels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have tried to remove the wax with : magic pencil eraser, purple power degreaser and the only thing that worked for far is Nail polish remover.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Are you using a fine brush to work the cleaners into the rough surface?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts