Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help from anyone that might have a clue. I have a 2007 Toyota Rav4 and the air is not moving. I can hear the blower just barely moving and its making a clicking noise. I have already changed the cabin filter. I am confident its the motor but wanted to know if anyone else might have another idea? before I spend $140.00 on a new one

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Does your RAV4 have an automatic (i.e. Limited trim level) or a manual HVAC system.?

Does the fan operate at the same speed regardless of the setting of the speed control? Does it run normally on the "Hi" setting?. Does it turn off completely at the lowest setting.

If you have changed the air filter already, I think it may be possible (not 100% certain) to reach into the blower housing and see if the fan spins freely, or you might be able to feel a mouse nest or something that might be impeding the rotation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not a limited, The speed control is doing something, the clicking noise gets quieter and slows down as you turn the fan down. It does not operate normally at any setting. I will see if I can feel any obstruction this afternoon. Thanks guys I appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts