Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
tried to start my 2011 rav4 V6 today and it cranked for about ten seconds and didn't start till i tapped the throttle
Battery is good
alternator is charging the battery
Starter and battery have good connection
Anyone had this issue or something similar and know how to fix it or what it is?
It starts up fine now i am just concerned that it was the precursor to something else
How old is the battery?

·
16,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

·
Registered
33 Posts
it was made September of 2014 so not even on the three year mark before it started going bad
on the front of the battery it says i have an 84 month warranty, do i take it back to the Toyota dealer i got it from and tell them i need i new battery or do i just go to auto zone and get one

·
16,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
it was made September of 2014 so not even on the three year mark before it started going bad
on the front of the battery it says i have an 84 month warranty, do i take it back to the Toyota dealer i got it from and tell them i need i new battery or do i just go to auto zone and get one
OK, as I mentioned, my Toyota Truestart battery went out at 25 months, one month past the 24 month full replacement period. Toyota said with the pro-rated warranty the replacement would cost me $65!!

I told them no thanks, went to Advance Auto and got a better battery with a 3-year free replacement for $79.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow! I just replaced my 9 year old battery. I put a light charger on it periodically and I check the water levels once in a while.

I'll bet it is just low on water. Get distilled at the grocery store. 1 dollar a gallon.

Fill it up to the bottom of the tab and be careful to pour it very slowly from a flushed out small glass bottle or even better a cheapo plastic hypodermic needle with the needle tip removed. Have a flashlight so you can see the level better. These needles are sometimes found in auto supply stores for injecting grease etc and are cheap.

·
Registered
911 Posts
181 - 188 of 188 Posts
About this Discussion
187 Replies
81 Participants
MrPulldown
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing