Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here and i am not sure about topics etc.
I'll write my problem here.
I have Rav4 2006 2.2 136hp d4d, I noticed when I am in snow (not deep) and turn on lock I can't go, it feels very weak, when i try to go it won't, just power off, I use manual 6 speed, sorry for bad English it's not my main language, and sorry if i did something wrong here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I'm not sure where you are located, but I suspect it is outside North America. I can't be certain if this information will apply to your d4d model, but I suspect that the "power off" sensation you feel, is due to the traction control activating on your vehicle.

I think this older thread, and this newer resurrection of the first thread might offer some tips to avoid the traction control issue.

Are you using snow rated tires?. If you can reduce the tire slippage as much as possible with good tires, then traction control will not be activated , and you should get excellent snow performance. My RAV4 performed almost as well as my Jeep Cherokee, and better than any of my other 4WD vehicles ( 6 4WD/AWD vehicles in total).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have snow tires, I tried again and still won't, but traction control turns on, I assume it's that, but I don't know how to turn it off on manual transmission. East Europe.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
For US models if you push the traction control button it turns it off and activates a traction contorl icon on the dash. If you hold down the traction control button it will turn off the VDC. Thats when things get interesting in the snow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a lot of snow but i don't have button to disable .There must be another way to disable on manual in Europe

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out how to do it, it's like for automatic,it's great now, thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I found out how to do it, it's like for automatic,it's great now, thanks a lot

THat is great. But I found that in snow and ice the traction control does a very good job, even if that means cutting power when the car thinks it needs it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts