Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any plans to sell them or release the file?
Edit: is that thing solid?
My solution so far (which works fine) is a 9"x6"x4" "yoga block" from Amazon. Had to take a sharp chef's knife and shave about 1/4" off of it to make it 3.75" thick; then it fits perfectly on top of the foam that the factory jack sits in.
I can send you the STL file for 3D printing. It´s not solid. Only 10 % infill, but 2 mm. shells all over.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
ThomasDK, that is a good design, but you appear to not have a spare tire so your tray is different then the U.S version. The U.S. version has the tow hook in a bag and the foam piece you're using a rib of is not there. The U.S. version has the scissor jack in the area you prop would fit.

I borrowed a picture from another thread. Disregard the red and black wire.

As you can see, the U.S. version has a spare tire and a jack in the center. The foam is configured differently so your support post wouldn't work in the U.S.

Reactions: ThomasDK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Jezz people... Put some tools, air compressor, emergency blanket, or even your entire collection of resuable shopping bags in there, it fills up fast. This is the one thing I don't like about the new rav4 (coming from a gen 3)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
slightly off-topic, is that an Anderson plug for an inverter I see?
Like I stated, I borrowed the image from another post which was related to an inverter connection so I wouldn't know.

You could ask piyoman in the following thread. Thank you piyoman for the use of your image.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just used a chunk of 2x4 that was in my scrap pile.....the wedge shape was accidental but beneficial that it fit tighter. It supports my 220#.
1596219337035.png

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just used a chunk of 2x4 that was in my scrap pile.....the wedge shape was accidental but beneficial that it fit tighter. It supports my 220#. View attachment 155182 View attachment 155182
I was going to say, 3D printing some custom block, or shaving down a block of foam all seems like overkill. A 2x4, a circular saw, and a few minutes seems like all it would take to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is nothing more satisfying than overkill. I have the opportunity to draw and print myself, so of course I choose that option over unnecessary weight of wood in the trunk.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts