Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read a review/seen in use/knowon anyone who has had this intake? I am seriously considering it for my Rav, followed by a heat shield of some sort (really Mohit, I want the specs to build one, or someplace to buy it state side.)

·
Registered
682 Posts
is the weapon r intake just a pipe with an open pod filter?
if it is its only gonna give a good sound with a loss in performance and fuel consumption.
thats why i modded my ebay intake into a cold air intake:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mohit, check out http://www.weapon-r.com for details. It looks impressive, and it can attach to their Ram Air attachment if need be. I though about doing a whole CAI by getting the Weapon-R Dragon intake, the cover for it, and the Ram Air attachment. Probly cost more than yours, but I think it would be worth it. Guess if I do that I wouldn't have to figure out where to get a heat shield, now would I?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Actually the Apexi has one of the best filters, it was even dyno proven for the best gains over many other filters...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
SZRimaging said:
Has anyone read a review/seen in use/knowon anyone who has had this intake? I am seriously considering it for my RAV, followed by a heat shield of some sort (really Mohit, I want the specs to build one, or someplace to buy it state side.)
I let you know :twisted: I'm about to order both the intake and the ram-air (aka semi-CAI conversion) kit in about 3-4 weeks, so I'll let you know how it is after I get it installed...

Also, id love to see the plans on the heat shield... even with the ram-air kit, the filter is still exposed to the heat in the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
But see, the smoothness of the inside of the apexi filter really wouldnt make any difference on a short ram intake, especially not the RAV4's intake. Not only is it short ram, but it has too many bends in too short of a distance for it to take any effect.

In theory, thats why the weapon-r would be the better pick for short ram intakes because of its twin tube desgin, which has been proven to have a less turbulent and faster intake charge than a normal short-ram intake.

Ram-air kit

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drifter, I was just wondering if you have gotten this and had it installed yet. My curiosity has been overwhelming, and I have almost broken down and bought it, twice....... :cry:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
BLAH! bunch of stuff has come up that I have to tak care of first, so all my planned mods have been pushed back untill I can get teh RAV repaired...

Took it to the dealership for a look over for any problems, way more than I expected.... enough that things could get serious if I dont fix em. Sorry to get your hopes up, man... but I will get to it eventually!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts