Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Adjusting the deck board is shown in the manual.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Bottom line: the Weathertech cargo liner doesn't fit the hybrid. If you use it like that you won't have easy access to your storage. Get the OEM liner.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only owned my Blue Limited Hybrid for about 4 days now so acclimating to everything. My understanding is there is no cargo mat available yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the picture above I don't see the hump for the battery, just the mat going straight back to join the seats. Looks like a non-hybrid cargo mat.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
In the picture above I don't see the hump for the battery, just the mat going straight back to join the seats. Looks like a non-hybrid cargo mat.

The OEM hybrid tray doesn't cover the entire cargo area, just the flat part behind the traction battery/mini-storage area as shown in Eug's pic, I have the Husky Weatherbeater liner, it fits the entire cargo area just fine, I've been using it since early Feb, have hauled upwards of 200lbs of bird seed on the inclined deck board with no problem. Its' the same liner I had in my 2015. I keep a pair of binoculars in the storage area above the traction battery, it's no problem to slide the liner to the rear to access it, no different that access to the gas model.

Cargo space in hybrid, as it comes from the factory:

With cargo tray installed:

As mentioned, this tray is specific to the hybrid. The regular one won't work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I originally bought the Weathertech mat and ended up cutting it so it fit down in the flat area. Didn't like it, so I ended up buying the OEM mat off eBay - the OEM mat is not available at Canadian dealers.

Toyota has a cargo liner that fits, Weathertech does not.

Available on eBay if you like.

Toyota part number PT908-42160-02

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been thinking, and before I get flamed, I like Toyota and have owned other Toyotas, but for the manufacture to release a model that needs new upgraded cargo mats but not offer them is kind of irresponsible if you think about it. The two accessories most of us need and want are floor mats and cargo mats so we don't mess up the liner on the floor and deck of the cargo area.

Wouldn't you have loved to hear what was said at the committee meeting when the design group discussed accessories and decided to nix the quick introduction of cargo mats.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I can attest to the value of a full coverage cargo liner after having the plug on my 100qt cooler full of salmon leaked last fall, if it hadn't been for the Husky liner, there would have been a stinky mess in the rear of my 2015 Rav4.

I checked out the cost of the Weathertech liner on Amazon, they sell it for $92 shipped, they also have an offer for an $80 gift card with the application for their credit card making the end cost for the Weathertech $12. The rear lip on my Husky liner layed down and stayed down after hauling 400lbs of shelving home from Home Depot, so the lip is no longer providing any protection as can be seen in the pic, so I ordered the Weathertech, so we'll see how well it "doesn't fit"!:D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I've been thinking, and before I get flamed, I like Toyota and have owned other Toyotas, but for the manufacture to release a model that needs new upgraded cargo mats but not offer them is kind of irresponsible .
Jeeez, they DO offer custom floor and cargo liners. They're just a few clicks away.

Floor liners: PT908-42166-20
Cargo liner: PT908-42160-02

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think in Canada yet, I just order one through my local Toyota dealer, they now have a part number whereas a few days ago they didn't, but the product has not arrived.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
WeatherTech Cargo Liner Fits Fine!

As suspected the WeatherTech liner fits just fine with the deck board in the inclined position even with 240lbs of cargo.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Part number

I can attest to the value of a full coverage cargo liner after having the plug on my 100qt cooler full of salmon leaked last fall, if it hadn't been for the Husky liner, there would have been a stinky mess in the rear of my 2015 Rav4.

I checked out the cost of the Weathertech liner on Amazon, they sell it for $92 shipped, they also have an offer for an $80 gift card with the application for their credit card making the end cost for the Weathertech $12. The rear lip on my Husky liner layed down and stayed down after hauling 400lbs of shelving home from Home Depot, so the lip is no longer providing any protection as can be seen in the pic, so I ordered the Weathertech, so we'll see how well it "doesn't fit"!:D

Is this the Amazon site you mentioned and the part number? I am looking for a grey one. http://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-42610-Cargo-Liner-Gray/dp/B000X243RQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462737475&sr=8-1&keywords=weather+tech++42610 Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts