Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO you use the WeatherTech FloorLiners?

I live in Canada , and we have a hard winter here in Quebec city!

What to you think on these?

How long for the shipping?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used for several years on 3 different cars and they offer great protection against snow/salt and slush. If memory serves shipping was quite quick, under a week.

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
The OEM floor liners are actually a bit better.
+1, I've had the WT liners in several past vehicles, the OEM tub style liners are much nicer IMO, they're rubber, not hard and slippery like the WT. I do have the WT cargo liner which is a good option for cargo area protection. There's also a cargo liner available in Canada that also covers the seat backs that you may want to check out.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/109-4-4-electric-rav4-hybrid-ev/230994-hybrid-rear-mats.html#post2149489

https://kingswayparts.com/products/pu550-42133-01b

·
0 Posts
I had Weather Tech Floor Liners in another vehicle. But, for my Rav4 I bought the Husky Liners. I found the Husky Liners are a softer compound (more rubber, than plastic), and extend higher on the drivers foot rest (weather tech only goes about half way up). If I had to buy them again, I'd go with Husky again..

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
The Toyota OEM front floor liners I've seen in the U.S. don't contain melting snow and slush while the Weather Tech front liners do. Perhaps the products available in Canada are different than in the U.S., or I haven't seen the correct OEM liners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased a 2017 RAV4 on December 9th. The wife and I do a lot of metal detecting hence beach sand always getting into the carpet. This is the very first set of Weather Tec floor mats & cargo mat that I have ever purchased. The cost was what always kept me back. After spending so much for a 2017 I thought what to heck, go for it.

I have ZERO regrets, contains every bit of sand, water and what ever else I track into the vehicle. I like the fact that they are quite rigid allowing me to pull each mat out without spilling the contents onto the floor.

Without hesitation I would purchase again. With the investment we make I look at the cost as a protection. I removed the new OEM mats and placed them in the attic, saving for trade in day!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Installed Husky Liners last summer. Better coverage and containment IMO than OEMs by a long shot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank i will go with this one

Here's the non-hybrid set, good pics of the whole set. One notable difference over the WT liner is the driver's side covers almost all of the dead pedal, about ½" to ¾" or so above the rubber pad.

ww.amazon.com/Toyota-Weather-Liners-PT908-42165-20-Non-Hybrid/dp/B018UQ7ENG/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thank i will go with this one

Here's the non-hybrid set, good pics of the whole set. One notable difference over the WT liner is the driver's side covers almost all of the dead pedal, about ½" to ¾" or so above the rubber pad.

ww.amazon.com/Toyota-Weather-Liners-PT908-42165-20-Non-Hybrid/dp/B018UQ7ENG/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t
Please let us know how you like them. Also post pictures.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
I've had the US OEM tub style all weather liners for almost a year now, they're great as has been said, they're far nicer than previous WT liners I've owned, there are pics in the previous Hybrid Rear Mat link that I posted yesterday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had the floor liners from WeatherTech for 2 years now. It's a bit worn out, but still great. One problem is that if you get too much snow on the mats and they start to melt, the water might get in the mat locks and seep into your carpet. Easy to clean, just rinse it down with a hose. Also since mine are kinda worn out, I sometimes slip when I get in the car, but that's only once in a while. The passenger side tends to shift forward when a person gets out of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought my 2015 Rav 4 I decided to go for it and buy Weather Tech custom mats. No regrets. Was amazed at the amount of water that was retained instead of going into the floor boards. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use WT in all my vehicles. I've has both the laser fit liners and the regular mats. I'm in Houston so in my current RAV I went back to mats. If I were somewhere with serious winter I'd get the liners.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts