Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
thanks zooks64;!!

I just saw them; order is going in.

I'll go for the lighter ones.

If I had a larger vehicle with higher glass windows (e.g. our old sienna) I'd do the darker, to help with sun. Or if i lived in Tx, Fl, etc. if max sun filtering is wanted.

But for lower profile like 4.4, lighter is easier to seee thru and I sit higher relative to the top of the window.

My .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had them on my '09 Cobalt SS and was disappointed when I saw they weren't available for the '13 Rav4 Limited. They have now been ordered and will wait on arrival.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine arrived yesterday but I have to wait until Xmas to install them. More later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine arrived today and were on in less than 30 minutes. Went on just like the one's for my Ford Escape. Install the left edge, flex the right edge in, and then wedge the rest in the window. The one's for the back windows had adhesive strips to help stick to the window frame. I ordered the light shade to go with my silver Rav. I am glad I did because they are pretty dark. The dark shade must really be dark. I would post pictures but camera on loan I think.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine arrived today and were on in less than 30 minutes. Went on just like the one's for my Ford Escape. Install the left edge, flex the right edge in, and then wedge the rest in the window. The one's for the back windows had adhesive strips to help stick to the window frame. I ordered the light shade to go with my silver Rav. I am glad I did because they are pretty dark. The dark shade must really be dark. I would post pictures but camera on loan I think.
I went with the lighter ones, too. Sounds like I'll be glad I did.

I haven't even peaked in the box. Can't wait to get them on my RAV4.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday; Maybe on by Sunday. This is my sixth set from MacNeil Automotive. Wish they'd been available in July-August as leaving the roof open is a bit dicey given summer weather.
For the rear set, have to make sure there is no debris on the inside of the gasket or the tape may not hold for long; this happened on my '12 taco and had to refit using a dot of glue.
The only issue i've had is sometimes the driver window auto-reverses on auto-up due to the in-channel fit (07 Highlander). After a while the gasket compressed a bit and it stopped; we'll see about the Rav.
Also thinking about ordering the headlight protector film.....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Bad news; Went to put them on and noticed they were badly scratched; First the passenger side, and was ready to dismiss it it wasn't that bad-- thought it was something i could clean off, but it looks like they scratched themselves in shipment; Rear have large marred areas along the length and never bothered to install them I cannot tell if they damaged themselves in shipment (front and rear pairs are together in separate plastic bags) or if they were damaged prior to packing...
I'll let you know how they respond...
Glad I didn't wait til Christmas!!!!
----------
Update: called the 800# and they've scheduled a new shipment. I'll get a fedex return label by email and repack/drop them off.... She said she's gotten a few gripes like this.
Should have heard the dead silence when i asked if they'd be here by Tuesday nite.....Told her I was kidding but in reality the owner of the car isn't too happy.... (wife). Upon further inspection, I'm pretty sure they vibrated in shipment with the thin sharp edge that fits into the gasket marring the other. Tried a dab of goo-gone to be sure it wasn't glue or something else that would come off.... nope.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got around to installing them this morning.

Pictures later. Too much stuff going on today (including crappy weather).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pics.

Glad I got the light colored ones.

Should be doing a short road trip soon. Hope these help with the road nose.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: 715central

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks zooks! looks good. i like how low profile they are. think i'll order up a set.

does it seem like the rear will stay in place? any issues with the install?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My only concern with the install was the cold weather. The shields themselves were warm from being inside but they cooled off quickly.

They went in easily but they may not get really set until the weather warms up.

No issues with the rear and the adhesive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine are sitting here in the box. After I ordered them I remembered installing them on my Cobalt SS and the instructions said to install ABOVE a certain temp.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Finally got replacements in the mail; took TWO additional shipments. The first replacements came with a cracked driver-side one (rear ones ok with no scratches)-The second replacements (just the front pair) finally got here today. All is well and MacNeill is is very responsive. Didn't have to ship back the cracked ones- they said toss it.
Rear ones have double stick on top and edges, however they fit very snugly anyway. I installed them at 45 F. (warm from house) and they're holding just fine. If you are anxious, a warmed up car with the rear windows open a bit to let warm air leak and get the gasket warm should do it. Keep visors warming up near a heat vent while the car warms up and install should be fine. Make sure mounting surfaces are dry.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts