Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)

Before someone ask me: I do not plan to cook on the shelf (unless I have no other choice). I don't want my RAV4 to smell bacon and sausages for a couple days haha! I just find it cool that the stove fits nicely there. ;)

Reactions: Mistermike

·
Registered
56 Posts

Before someone ask me: I do not plan to cook on the shelf (unless I have no other choice). I don't want my RAV4 to smell bacon and sausages for a couple days haha! I just find it cool that the stove fits nicely there. ;)
Lol I was just thinking, the inside is probably going to smell like bacon all day! I like to build something like that where the shelf pulls out like a drawer. how did you mount the shelf?

Also on a separate topic.. is there anywhere in North America I could buy the 40mm spacers or any other shop in America I could source springs? Shipping from Russia is looking around 1.5 months right now and I have a couple off the grid camping trips coming up. I'm not the most patient person:rolleyes: lol.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
@ Mike: I bought the Old Man Emu springs from Rocky Road Outfitters. I don't know if they made a mistake, but it's written on their website the OME spring lift 2.5''! Mine were 1.5'' lift.... but in the few last years OME only manufactured 1.25'' lift springs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I just saw this on Rocky Road Outfitters website:

Rocky Road is currently looking for Rav4's in Utah.
We would like to manufacture rock sliders, possibly a rack and bumper system as well. If you are in our area and can spare your vehicle for a little while, we have a program to design, build, and install these kits at a heavily discounted rate.
If you are interested, please contact us by email and we can go over some details with you on our program, timing, and so on.

Wish us luck in finding someone and put the word ot to your buds on chat groups and forums. Thanks!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
@ Mike: I bought the Old Man Emu springs from Rocky Road Outfitters. I don't know if they made a mistake, but it's written on their website the OME spring lift 2.5''! Mine were 1.5'' lift.... but in the few last years OME only manufactured 1.25'' lift springs.

Right, I was under the impression they were shipped from Australia? And awesome maybe i should drive to Utah and sign up for the program! lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #226 (Edited)
Give them a call or an email to know if they have it in stock. I made a quick search about the OME springs # numbers... but did not found anyone listed for 2,5'' lift.

Here is a back pair for sale in Oregon:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Right, I was under the impression they were shipped from Australia? And awesome maybe i should drive to Utah and sign up for the program! lol
They are shipped from Australia. I ordered the springs they have listed for front and back the first week of june, they'll by arriving in the US this week :)

I expected to wait a month for arrival, but it's been 2 now. No big deal and it's to be expected with imported stuff. I've called Rocky Road several times for updates amd each time they have been very friendly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are shipped from Australia. I ordered the springs they have listed for front and back the first week of june, they'll by arriving in the US this week :)

I expected to wait a month for arrival, but it's been 2 now. No big deal and it's to be expected with imported stuff. I've called Rocky Road several times for updates amd each time they have been very friendly.
Ok good to know, thanks! Send pics when installed!

221 - 228 of 228 Posts