Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the limits and specs are on the factory roofrack? The owners guide didn't give these numbers, just how to adjust it and suggestions for where/how to load things on it.

I have a Thule Mountaneer roof box I use and wouldn't want to damage anything by attaching it and loading it up past the limits of that rack.

·
Registered
214 Posts
vigil said:
Does anyone know what the limits and specs are on the factory roofrack? The owners guide didn't give these numbers, just how to adjust it and suggestions for where/how to load things on it.

I have a Thule Mountaneer roof box I use and wouldn't want to damage anything by attaching it and loading it up past the limits of that rack.
Can't speak for the 4.3, but as I vaguely recall, there's a sticker on the rack for the 4.2 which says 75# is the limit.

Wayne

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea. I'll peak around at the labels and such in the door jams to see if there is anything about it there.

That would suck if it was just 75lbs. I think I'd go over that or at least get damn close with just the roof box, two snowboards and boots and such.

If that is the case, there might be a stock 4.3 roof rack going on sale here soon so I can buy new Thule bars and feet for the RAV instead.

B

·
0 Posts
vigil said:

I believe it is 46.2kg or 102.6lbs. Check page 273 of the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts