Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear that creaking sound behind the trim dash? even on small bumps there is a very annoying creaking sound that the rav4 produces when runs on a imperfect road.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Sorry, no creaking from my 2015 or 2016.....or maybe I'm just too old and deaf to hear it, although my wife has never mentioned it, she has real good hearing, too good most of the time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'have the same problem on my new rav4 hybrid. I have only 600km and every bump I heard this annoing sound from the central part of the dashboard. Have you already take the car to the toyota assistance?

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2016 with only 1,500 miles on it has a top dash to windshield (left side) creak when it hits bumps or on dirt road washboard. Chasing it down now and will have the dealer try to fix. Definitely not the vent creak with the referenced thread linked earlier.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could it be the stuff on the bottom of the seats? There are a lot of small moving plastic parts on the bottom of the driver and passenger seats. I'm planning on putting electrical tape on them to see if it reduces vibration/noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
My 2016 with only 1,500 miles on it has a top dash to windshield (left side) creak when it hits bumps or on dirt road washboard. Chasing it down now and will have the dealer try to fix. Definitely not the vent creak with the referenced thread linked earlier.

I have the exact same thing going on. Location and cause seem to be the same, please let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could it be the stuff on the bottom of the seats? There are a lot of small moving plastic parts on the bottom of the driver and passenger seats. I'm planning on putting electrical tape on them to see if it reduces vibration/noise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in my case. The noise came from the dashboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts