Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum so please bear with me.
Yesterday I got in my 2000 Rav4 and for no apparent reason the radio, digital clock, and the mirror adjuster didn't work. I checked all of the fuses and replaced one 15amp in the dash but it didn't fix the problem. Does anyone have any insight on this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't have a manual to check, but someone else might be able to chime in and help, it sounds like there may be a common ground point or supply for all these. If you have already checked the fuse the next step might be some checks with a multi meter for +12volt and ground at the radio or the mirror switch.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's happened exactly to my 96 rav, 3 days ago. After changing my head unit, I somehow managed to ground one of the cigarette lighter's exposed metal part and blew a fuse affecting the clock, cigarette lighter, mirror adjuster and head unit. The head unit works, but doesn't produce any sounds.

You may have a burnt fuse. On my case, it was the #15 fuse. I just inserted a copper wire under fuse #15 and it's working again.

For the radio, does the head unit not working since the day you got it? If it does, and if the head unit's been replaced, the head unit may have an incompatible wiring from your stock rav4 wiring harness. Your stock center dash wiring housing may fit in the port of your head unit but has different wiring color positioning (see photo). That may be the cause of it not working.

Check your fuses and see also if your head unit's wiring is same as your stock wire harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.