Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Yesterday when I took my little nieces out on my RAV4, the ones sitting on the second seat row started lowering the windows because they like the fresh air than the a/c inside... Start from about 1/3 of the way down, I started to feel a very weird rumbling vibration sound (almost like a helicopter near by)... The pressure it put on my ears to much that I almost felt deaf and had a headache... I was driving at around 40-45 mph and it was not windy at that time... If the music on, it's worse...
I never got this kind of problem with CRV, Xterra, and some other SUV models I had driven before...
Mine is V6 FWD Limited...
Could you all test on this and confirm if this only happens with my car or all the 2006 RAV4 models, please?
I know some of you might say that who cares since we rarely low the rear windows... But if they built the windows, then at some point people will want to low them down for some reasons, right?
Thanks and nice to meet you all in this forum...

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's happened on every car with 4 windows that I have ever been in. It's not specific to the RAV4...but maybe just more pronouced(?).

Try cracking a front window when the rear windows are open. That should ease the pressure pulsation that you are feeling/hearing

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But other cars don't make that much pressure when rear windows lowered alone without front window lowering.
Thanks for quick response on this matter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I test drove a 2006 Saturn VUE and I thought my head was going to pop off. My RAV is not that bad but it sure is annoying.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is completly normal, all automobiles do this to some extent depending on the aerodynamics of the airflow around the body, this is why you get better gas mileage with the windows up and the A/C on during the summer.

As stated above simply vent another window and it will go away.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all your response... to me, this is the very first time i felt this strong pressure with rear windows down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts