Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if LED headlights help to keep someone awake during night driving. All you ever hear now is how LED light from TV's and smartphones keeps a person awake. I'd imagine the same holds true for LED headlights. Or maybe the light being reflected onto the road doesn't have the same effect from the blue light spectrum. And maybe HIDs fall into this as well given their color temperatures.

Just a strange thought.

Maybe this should have gone under exterior. Just figured it's more just a general thought about LED headlights rather than an issue/solution post.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Haven't really noticed it...... All I know is when another vehicle approaches me with LED's, it wakes me up and often blinds me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd heard that factory LEDs are much less blinding to other drivers than factory HIDs. And especially aftermarket HIDs which are the worst for blinding other drivers since the housings and reflectors are not meant for them. Not sure how much truth there is to that but the internet said it so it must be true. :D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think it's a matter of readjusting/aiming the HID's once they're installed. If you're smart enuf to install 'em you should be smart enuf to adjust 'em! :surprise

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'd heard that factory LEDs are much less blinding to other drivers than factory HIDs. And especially aftermarket HIDs which are the worst for blinding other drivers since the housings and reflectors are not meant for them. Not sure how much truth there is to that but the internet said it so it must be true. :D
If you've ever approached 2014+ Corolla going in the other direction, you remember as you were likely blinded by it's LED's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts