Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A BRIEF HISTORY: I ordered my RAV on March 1 and was told 6-8 weeks. In fact, I just talked to my dealer last week and he said it would be another 3-4 weeks which would make it pretty close to what they initially told me.

Well, today, I got a call from the dealer that a vehicle in my exact specification just freed up!! :shock: Oh my gosh, I was so excited! I told him I'd be there in less than an hour (I was at the store at the time). I called my husband right away to let him know that we'll be heading to the dealer as soon as I got home. While I was on the phone (literally 2-3 minutes after I hung up with the dealer) I got another call. I answered and it was the dealer again, telling me that there was a mistake. Say what???? I can tell he felt really bad. I asked him what happened and he said the guy who had originally ordered it decided not to buy it and that's why it got freed up for me. Well, he changed his mind and decided to buy it after all but it wasn't in the system yet!

Talk about the biggest disappointment!!! :( I had already pictured myself driving in to work in my new RAV tomorrow! Well, I guess mistakes happen, but I wish he had made sure that it was still available before he called me. Oh well, I guess the wait continues...

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
At this rate you minus well wait another 1/2 year and get a 2007.

Same thing happened to my E430. I special ordered mine because I wanted to mix and match options. Well 6 months later it arrived. They called me to say I can pick it up that afternoon. Well needless to say, when I got there, the dealer had this ghost face. It appeared that the idiot detailer scratched the rear door when he was re-parking after finishing detailing. I saw the damage and the dealer said they can fix it no problem. I asked how much are they going to take off. They gave me this funny look and said couple hundred. Hell no! I waited another 6 months to get a new one built. Couple hundred on a $80,000 car. I think not! Dealers....

Also when I bought my Integra GSR, they drove it into the showroom (one of the few black on blacks in the entire Bay Area) after detailing it to show it off. Though it was locked, I found a dent in the hood. I bet you they opened the hood to show other people and when they pressed it to close, it dented. They fixed it with some guy from Dent Pro and gave me a couple freebies to "satisfy me". Now everytime I buy a car I always tell them NOT to put it in the showroom.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Derek said:
The dealer should have honored his promise and turned down the previous customer. :twisted: Don't you just hate wishy-washy people. :lol:

Be patient, your RAV will show up soon. :D
Hi Derek!

Yeah, they should've told the guy tough luck but he was probably just trying to use the "walk out the door" technique to get a lower price. I wonder if the dealer told him that someone else was coming for it since he didn't want it and that's what changed his mind. Who knows. But yes, I'll continue to be patient. It will hopefully be here at the end of the month. I'm going on a trip for a few days so that will help time pass. :D My salesman sounded genuinely sorry about getting my hopes up only to be dashed within a matter of minutes. At least he called back right away. If they told me when I got to the dealership, I would've gone ballistic!

ravgal

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zeoth said:
At this rate you minus well wait another 1/2 year and get a 2007.

Same thing happened to my E430. I special ordered mine because I wanted to mix and match options. Well 6 months later it arrived. They called me to say I can pick it up that afternoon. Well needless to say, when I got there, the dealer had this ghost face. It appeared that the idiot detailer scratched the rear door when he was re-parking after finishing detailing. I saw the damage and the dealer said they can fix it no problem. I asked how much are they going to take off. They gave me this funny look and said couple hundred. Hell no! I waited another 6 months to get a new one built. Couple hundred on a $80,000 car. I think not! Dealers....
Wow Zeoth! You are definitely patient! But at least you got what you wanted!

I'm going to wait it out 3 more weeks as the dealer quoted to see if they come up with my 2006 RAV. If they don't, then I'll seriously consider waiting for the 2007. I don't want to wait that long, but if I have to, I will. Right now though, I'm hoping that the dealership will come through! (fingers crossed)

ravgal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine back on 2/8 and still haven't gotten it. I'm an extremely patient person but even I have limits. I set a date of May 1. After that, I'll just wait for the 07. I've already told my dealer, however, that if I do wait for the 07 it will be with a different dealer. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any news on what may be different in the 07's?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I wish I was as patient as you guys. I went into the dealer, I saw the color I like, the options was close to what I wanted. I told the salesman that this wasn't the option package I wanted and made him a low offer. He accepted it and the deal was done.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The G Man said:
I wish I was as patient as you guys. I went into the dealer, I saw the color I like, the options was close to what I wanted. I told the salesman that this wasn't the option package I wanted and made him a low offer. He accepted it and the deal was done.
I am patient but also more than a little stubborn. This is the first car that I'm getting EXACTLY the way I want. My previous cars I also went with whatever was close to what I wanted. This time I'm getting what I want, Dangit! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you really want to find your RAV4.. i think the best way is to check all the dealers around your area.. don't just wait for one dealership to find you the car.. ask all the dealers to look for you or find the car your self. because sometimes some dealers has the car but they hide it on the inventory list so other dealer can't see it..

the spec on my RAV4 is hardest to find (V6 limited AWD with 3rd row).. i asked 4 to 6 dealers to find my car... but i end up finding the car my self, i checked all the Toyota Dealer's website in the Bay Area almost everyday.. and finally found one this passed weekend.. after i got my car, i called all the dealers and guess what? none of them knew this car exist!!

Anyways.. good luck finding your RAV4

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
ravgal wrote:
Talk about the biggest disappointment!!! Sad I had already pictured myself driving in to work in my new RAV tomorrow! Well, I guess mistakes happen, but I wish he had made sure that it was still available before he called me. Oh well, I guess the wait continues...
I would have used that mistaken call on the dealer's part to get some free options/accessories like floor mats or cargo liner. Worked for me in the past. Hang in there, ravgal, you're gonna get it soon! :)

OC

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hooolala said:
if you really want to find your RAV4.. i think the best way is to check all the dealers around your area..
In retrospect, I should've contacted all 4 dealers in my area and had them try to find my RAV. One of them probably would've found one for me sooner. But the past is the past, and I've already waited 5 weeks so another 2 or 3 isn't going to kill me. I also got a great deal from my dealer so it helps ease the anxiety of waiting! :)

I've also been checking online inventories for the last 4 weeks and only one came close. The only problem was that it was 2WD and I wanted 4WD. I'm just hoping to have good news in a couple of weeks! Believe me, whatever happens, I'll tell you all about it! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I was told by my dealer that the very hard to find V6 Limited with leather was available in Pacific Blue on their lot. Drove an hour to get there to check out the color, test drove it with the family, absolutely fell in love and was literally writing the check. Salesman then broke the news that, unknown to him, the car was pre-sold. Apparently, nobody had put a sold sticker on it. My little 3 year old son wanted to know why Daddy didn't get the "cool" new car. Ah well.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
monetnj said:
If it makes you feel any better, I was told by my dealer that the very hard to find V6 Limited with leather was available in Pacific Blue on their lot. Drove an hour to get there to check out the color, test drove it with the family, absolutely fell in love and was literally writing the check. Salesman then broke the news that, unknown to him, the car was pre-sold. Apparently, nobody had put a sold sticker on it. My little 3 year old son wanted to know why Daddy didn't get the "cool" new car. Ah well.
Oh my gosh, that's aweful monetnj! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I can't even imagine how disappointed you must have been! You know, it's weird that you said you were looking for a Blue V6 Limited with Leather because after I got the bad news from my dealer, he double checked to see if he had anything else that I might like and he mentioned a Blue V6 Limited with Leather. Of course I turned him down because that's not what I was looking for. I don't know if you'd be willing to come out to Vegas but there was one here at least as of yesterday.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ravgal2006 said:
Oh my gosh, that's aweful monetnj! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I can't even imagine how disappointed you must have been! You know, it's weird that you said you were looking for a Blue V6 Limited with Leather because after I got the bad news from my dealer, he double checked to see if he had anything else that I might like and he mentioned a Blue V6 Limited with Leather. Of course I turned him down because that's not what I was looking for. I don't know if you'd be willing to come out to Vegas but there was one here at least as of yesterday.
Thanks for the info, but Kristi at Basil should be getting my Everglade in any day now. Upstate to central NJ is an easier ride than Vegas. Believe it or not, I emailed her today to see if it was in and she said yes. Almost immediately, she emailed me back to say false alarm. Sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts