Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
flyingn said:
how do you figure that braking is 'far superior' on the Mazda? Its not.. do your homework. Twisties? Lets get real. How many people who buy SUV's really push theirs thru the twisties?? Your gropping for straws now..
As the professionals say, the RAV4 and CRV aren't even in the same league as the CX7 or Murano. Keep up your cognitive dissonance due to your current vehicle, but it isn't going to making it perform any better.

In 60-0 7.1 ft is very significant, about half a car length shorter. Not to mention on braking intensive driving like the mountains/hilly terrain you'll do much better will full ventilated brakes and dual piston up front.

A 3 mph high speed slalom difference is the difference between getting into an accident on the highway or succesfully avoiding it.

When the sales figures come out for the mazda the public will show how much better they like the RAV don't worry:)
Yeah the home country were Toyota normally owns 51% of the automobile market the new RAV4 sold 4000+ less than the Mitsubishi Outlander in the past sixth month. The RAV4 isn't better than the new Outlander even :D

Besides that, who wants to live in an ugly cookie-cutter house with a boring car (truck actually, the F150 is the top seller) and eat unhealthy fast food? Are you also obese and illiterate like the average American too? Way to go aiming for average :lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
At the risk of having my post deleted again for stating the obvious, what is the point of this discussion? I don't see how it relates to the original question. :D Nor do I see the significance of hawking the Mazda vehicles on a RAV4 forum where users come to learn about the RAV4 and how to mod it. There are plenty of other areas to learn about competitors which one person has pointed out. :D

Aren't the moderators doing a wonderful, wonderful job enforcing the spirit of the forum. You guys are fantastic! You're the best. I can't say enough about you. :D

In the best interest of enforcing rule #14, all insults have been replaced by smiley faces. :D

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
well like i said its a SUV not a performance car. Get a clue. If I want performance I open the garage and get out my GN. Would you want to pit your Mazda against it?

And the best part is that a mazda is not and never will be a Toyota..

syadasti said:
flyingn said:
how do you figure that braking is 'far superior' on the Mazda? Its not.. do your homework. Twisties? Lets get real. How many people who buy SUV's really push theirs thru the twisties?? Your gropping for straws now..
As the professionals say, the RAV4 and CRV aren't even in the same league as the CX7 or Murano. Keep up your cognitive dissonance due to your current vehicle, but it isn't going to making it perform any better.

In 60-0 7.1 ft is very significant, about half a car length shorter. Not to mention on braking intensive driving like the mountains/hilly terrain you'll do much better will full ventilated brakes and dual piston up front.

A 3 mph high speed slalom difference is the difference between getting into an accident on the highway or succesfully avoiding it.

When the sales figures come out for the mazda the public will show how much better they like the RAV don't worry:)
Yeah the home country were Toyota normally owns 51% of the automobile market the new RAV4 sold 4000+ less than the Mitsubishi Outlander in the past sixth month. The RAV4 isn't better than the new Outlander even :D

Besides that, who wants to live in an ugly cookie-cutter house with a boring car (truck actually, the F150 is the top seller) and eat unhealthy fast food? Are you also obese and illiterate like the average American too? Way to go aiming for average :lol:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Obese and Illiterate? Go look at my home page for the obese answer. Oh and I am a graduate Engineer too. Keep trying..

Wheres the mods when ya need em

syadasti said:
flyingn said:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
flyingn said:
Obese and Illiterate? Go look at my home page for the obese answer. Oh and I am a graduate Engineer too. Keep trying..

I didn't say you were. Thats the average American - the best selling products used by the average American.

F-series is the best selling vehicle in America :roll:

In fact they sell twice as many as Toyota's most popular vehicle, the Camry...

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
ok sorry. I thought you were say I was. My bad..

syadasti said:
flyingn said:

I didn't say you were. Thats the average American - the best selling products used by the average american.

F150 is the best selling vehicle in America :roll:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
flyingn said:
I think that is because of people buying work trucks. I do not think that many families buy F150's for every day kid hauling..
Visit someplace like Texas then :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
syadasti said:
flyingn said:

dude, you are making me laugh too hard. Stop it!

V6 vehicle with more power and lighter car will only have advantage from dead stop? what are you talking about? It will kick its but from any gear, due to linear V6 power.

Now its Outlander that is better than rav4? lol. You are now becomign to sound like you are simply writing against rav4.

Yes, Mazda CX7 did brake better than Rav4 in that test, however you also have to consider what tires both cars had, same goes for handling.

As to the braking in the mountains, as CD did NOT report any brake fade on track, I find it hard to believe it will happen in the mountains - having 15% less weight helps too.

There is no way CX7 can beat Rav4 V6 Sport on any kind of road, except that it will spend more fuel, cost more and pollute more.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Janos said:
Aren't the moderators doing a wonderful, wonderful job enforcing the spirit of the forum. You guys are fantastic! You're the best. I can't say enough about you. :D

In the best interest of enforcing rule #14, all insults have been replaced by smiley faces. :D

I normally try not to post MODERATOR comments on our forums... but here goes...

What exactly do you think needs to be MODERATED here? I'm NOT going to BAN, DELETE, EDIT every negative posting on our site. I guess I could simply DELETE this entire thread. :roll: .... not.

My suggestion... if any of you don't like the way a certain thread is going.... dodn't revisit that thread :D

When/if a thread gets COMPLETLY out of control... we well take the proper action... sooner or later. Remember... our forum runs 24/7.... our moderators don't 8)

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
heh heh sometimes not enough beer ya mean :)

Janos said:
flyingn said:
Obese and Illiterate? Go look at my home page for the obese answer.
I think I see one or two beers too many in the gut. :cheers: :D

·
Registered
652 Posts
RAVMAN said:
What exactly do you think needs to be MODERATED here?
Well since you asked.................. :D

I know about #10 and #14 but exactly when does rule #5 kick in? :?:

Why should a new user or any user have to wade through spam to find good information?

We really should start a new thread for this.... :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
flyingn said:
I have a sneaky suspicion that SYA is a Mazda dealer salesmen lol
Mazda? More like Anything-But-Toyota :lol:

C'mon, Syads', fess up..... who are you really working for??? Or I guess Toyota-bashing is just your favorite hobby...... :wall

:cheers:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Like I told the guy at the dealership last night, "if I was willing to settle for a 4 cyl, I would buy the Honda CRV."

I wanted a V6, so it was either the RAV4 or Nissan Exterra. I could have gotten the Exterra for 2.5% over invoice but I paid sticker for the RAV4...the Exterra only gets 22 mpg hwy (estimate).

I've owned 3 Nissans, 2 Hondas and one Toyota, they were all good cars.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts